The Forgotten Friend | Teen Ink

The Forgotten Friend

By Nina_24 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
Nina_24 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”
- Adams Family

Jack and I  play together ever day. I'm his best friend, Jack tells me everything. I am a great listener, at least that is what he tells me. He's favorite game is cops and robbers, usually I am the cop. Jack always gets away.
            Today is Jack's birthday, he is turning six. I am so excited! Jack has told me all about it. The theme is cops and robbers, our favorite game. Jack saved me a seat right next to him. I also got the second pice of cake, Jack makes me feel so special. He really is the best friend ever.
           Today is Jack's birthday, he is turning seven.  Jack gave me my invitation today. The party sounds fun, Jack told me we couldn't play during the party though. He said his mom wanted him to play with his other friends, not me. Jack saved me a space at the table, at the end. Jack barely talked to me during the party. He also told me he has a new best friend,  the next door neighbor.
            Today is Jack's birthday, he is turning eight. I hope we play fun games during his party. I wanted to sit next to him but another kid took my chair. Jack let him take my chair. How could he do that? I have to stand, all the kids took the chairs. Jack isn't even talking to me, I didn't even get a slice of cake. Jack usually gets food for the both us. Not today.
          Today is Jack's birthday, he is turning nine. I don't even hope for fun games at his party. Because I can't go. His party is at the movie theatre, and as I was about to hop in the car there was no room for me. With the ballon and the cake, I had to stay home. Jack plays with me sometimes but not every day. He usually leaves me to play with the next door neighbor. We never play cops and robbers anymore.
          Today is Jack's birthday He is turning ten. Jack didn't even think to invite me to his party. usually he gets me an invitation with my name on it and everything. But not today. Jack forgot to invite me. Usually I just sit in his room ready to play when he is. That time never comes. Jack and his mom laugh at me, they laugh about Jack's old friend. When we play it is usually me just playing with Jack and the neighbor. I don't even know if Jack notices I'm there. Cops and robbers is such a distant memory. I wish I could go back.
         Today is Jack's birthday, he is turning eleven. We never talk anymore. Jack practically ignores me. He has new friends, his baseball team. Jack and I never play, the only reason I know whats going is eavesdropping. I' have started to feel odd, like some thing's wrong. I am usually sad but this is different, it feels like I am disappearing.
                       I look at my legs, they are gone.
                       I look at my torso, they are gone.
                       I look at my arms, they are gone.
                                I am gone.
Goodbye Jack, Thanks for creating me.

This pice is about an young boy growing up and forgetting his imaginary friend.