Go Ahead, Shoot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You've been waiting on the same grassy hill since six o'clock in the morning. Tired, hungry, bored, you wait. It should be along any time now. You check your equipment. It's all there and ready to fire. You've been studying the twelve-point buck's daily rituals for a week now and you're sure he'll be by to drink from the stream's moving water. You're getting restless and the index finger on your right hand is growing impatient, and then he appears. His majestic rack is glistening in the sunlight that is beating down upon him. You want to shoot, but you decide to wait for the perfect moment. The buck stops; he begins to sip the water. You are filled with anticipation as you look through the eye-piece. Just as you are ready to shoot you let out a spine-tingling sneeze that catches the attention of the male deer. He looks directly into your eyes, you look back, and decide this is your moment. You shoot. Your picture of the magnificent twelve-point buck can now be seen in several different wildlife magazines. 1

DarkMountain said...
Haha! Even though I've read stuff like this before it caught me by surprise... Nice work! Good use of detail.