James and Morgan | Teen Ink

James and Morgan

By srm20 BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin
srm20 BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin

I  saw my neighbor Jake. I wish I could be him. Jake was the cutest boy, he had blonde medium length hair, blue eyes and he was 3 years old. His mom got into a car crash because of a storm and he was in the car with her. But now it’s just Don, Jakes dad, he has a girlfriend and he’s a movie star. I wish I looked like him. He had short brown hair, with dark brown eyes. But I guess I have good features too. I have short caramel brown hair, with blue eyes and my name doesn’t really fit me. I wish I had my older brother's name or even my younger brother's name Xavier. Xavier is 8 years old but he acts like a 2 year old. But today is the big day, all that matters. The big homecoming game!

The coach blows the whistle as he yells
     “Attention! Everyone of you will be playing in this game against Merton! We must                             win! And if we don’t...I’m….no….I DON’T KNOW BUT IT’S GOING TO BE BAD!” screams coach Bimbar as he stomps away.
     I went to the library to clear my thoughts. Then I see Rachel. Man is she hot. She has long orange curly hair with pretty blue eyes.
“OMG! I don’t know what to do!” says Morgan
James sees Morgan put her hands on her head and wonders what wrong.
“Hey Morgan as he tries to act cool as he knocks the books off the desk. James’s face turns red of embarrassment.
Why am I so stupid! thought James
They both been down to grab Morgan’s books, Morgan grabs her history book and James puts his hand on her hand. They both look at each other.
      “Hey James!” said Morgan quickly. I could tell by the look on her face that she didn't want to talk to me.
     “Hello Morgan. What’s the rush, It’s homecoming?” I said with a sad voice as I looked away.
     “Well I worked on my social studies project all night and it’s not there!” tells Morgan
     “Oh that stinks Morgan. Do you need any help?” asked James as he tries to redeem himself.
     “Yeah I could use the help but don’t you have to play in the homecoming game? asked Morgan
     “Yeah but Carlos can take over my spot.” said James as he tries to act smooth
     “Well ok. Meet me at the red barn after school. See you later James!” said Morgan
     “Bye Morgan.” said James
I was on my way to couch Bimbar’s office thinking how I should break the news. I thought of not even showing up, but I guess I shouldn’t.
     “Hey couch. Got a sec?”startaly says James as he moves bit by bit to sit down.
     “Yeah come on in! Of course I have a sec for my star.” couch said proudly
     “Well...I won’t be able to make the game.” said James fearfully as he backs away from the couch.
     “YOU WHAT!!” screamed couch Bimbar
I could have thought the whole school went up into the air.
     “I can’t make the game ok. Deal with it!” I yelled
I just walked out on a teacher. How could I? That’s just not me it’s not something I would do. I went back to apologize but before I could say anything.
     “James don’t even say anything. You’re off the team.” sadly said couch
     “What I can’t be off the team.” screamed James
     “Too bad James. This game is the one and only game we have to win and if we      don’t I’m fired.” said couch as he walked out of the room.
I blew off last period to be early to the barn. All I could think about was sleep. Man I am so tired. I haven’t gotten sleep because of the game, but I guess I don’t have to worry about that anymore. I fell asleep on the hard, cold ground. I was falling into a dream. It felt like I could see into the future. I saw a barn, dark clouds, rain and strong wind. Well what’s this supposed to mean? It didn’t make any sense. Was this happening now or later. I had so many questions I couldn’t sleep anymore. I woke with startel. I looked around. The sky was blue, no cloud to be seen. It was suddenly warm. No sign of rain. Then what was that dream about? My vision wasn’t very clear. I could have thought Morgan was coming.
     “Hey James. Are you ready to film my project? James?” asked James
     “Yeah….yeah I’m ready.” said James
     “Are you ok?” asked Morgan
     “Yeah im fine.” said James
     “Alright let’s go.”
James and Morgan walk into the barn. James double steps and almost fall into the mud.
     “Don’t you think? James?” said Morgan
Morgan turned around so fast that you couldn’t see the design on her shirt.
     “Yeah let’s set up here.” said James
      “So back in 1990 there was the biggest storm that ever happened in California…….”
Her words were so beautiful, but that same year my mom died in the biggest storm that ever happened. That was the same storm that Jake was in. We started to hear the wind crash up against the metal barn. We thought it was fine. The wind started to get stronger I thought that we should text my brother Carlos but if Morgan wasn’t scared then I shouldn’t make myself look like a wimp. The wind got even stronger, and it sounded like it was coming closer to us. Morgan  and I went outside to see what was going on. As soon as we went outside, we looked at the sky.The sky wasn’t sky blue, the wind was strong and it was suddenly it was cool again. My head started to hurt. I felt kind of I’ll. I started to see the visions again. I collapsed to the floor so hard I'm shocked that I didn’t wake up.