Horror Story | Teen Ink

Horror Story

By LeviLerma BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico
LeviLerma BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."

“Ugh” I say to myself as I wake up. I go to the window and open the blinds. The sun shines brightly  outside. As I get used to the sun, I hear laughing. I look outside and smile. Another day where kids are playing outside. I smile as I start to my closet. I pick my outfit and walk outside. As I happily walk down the street I get hit by something. I stay on my feet somehow. “Throw the ball back old man, or can you not move fast enough” I frown  I pick up the ball and throw it. A kid lands  on the floor bloody.
“Fastball you ignorant piece of s*** ” I  yell. I continue  walking down the street with a smile.
I drive over to the cafe. As im eating a muffin i hear my phone ring. As i feel everyones eye shift over to me i walk outside and pull out my phone. “Oh its jerry.” I tap the answer button and put the phone to my ear. I can hear wind on the other side. “
Hey sup Hunter! How you doing man!”
“Doing good. You know, You should try calling a little less.” I say with a pleasant smile that i know he cant see.
“Thats not nice bro, You know you're one of my only friends, I have told you this before.  ” he says on the other end
“ Yes, yes your so called ‘social anxiety’”
“Your mean, you know that”
“Yeah, Thats why i like me so much”
I hear him sobbing at the other end “ Bro, You gotta stop this. Come out of your house and see the sunshine!”
”Never!”
Then I hear a click. I sigh, Nothing is going to help this man, I say to myself as i walk back in the cafe and finish my breakfast.
I get in my car. As im heading off to work i think. Why does my life have to be so boring. As i turn into the lot i look at the sign. Bogeman accounting. “ I hate my last name, And people never come here anyway. Just this one old lady that keeps needing help with her computer.”As i look around i see her car and she is standing at the door ringing the bell, Obviously waiting for someone to get the door.  I yell, “ Im over here!” She looks back and says
“What are you doing up so early”
“ Just going to my work.” I walk in and she folows me. She starts explaining  to me here problem. She tells me her problem.I stare in disbelief. Can this woman be so retarded? I tell her that i dont fix computers and to take it to the tech shop down the road. With a little more convincing she leaves.
The rest of the day was spent advertising.
As i drive home The window breaks! I jump out of my car and look at it. Then i feel a strong wind pass me. Out of instinct  i pull out my handgun and shoot. As i look over to where i shot i see a fountain of blood. That guy shot at me. Amateur.
As I go home i think about the day. Mostly about the person that shot at me. “Why are people shooting at me? I have done nothing wrong.” With that thought i fall asleep
I jump awake in the middle of the night. “Damn lightning” i say to myself as i go to the window. Its raining hard. I get my cell phone. I call jerry. “Hey whats up bro” I say when i hear something on the other end
“Sup hunter”
“Nothing much, I just want to know if you want to come and take a walk with me. Come on, Its near midnight and there will be no one out.”
“You know… I do love to walk in the rain. Why not?”
“Cool. I will come by your house.” I head over to jerrys house. “ poor guy” i think.
Walking over to his house i cant help but feel like im being watched. I know its nothing.
When i get there he is outside already. “he sure loves the rain.” I head over to him and tell him that im here, And we start to walk.
I pull out my gun. Someone is watching me. “I know your there” I shout.
“What's wrong?” jerry askes
“I...dont...know” I say slowly
I get hit from behind. as im on the ground i see jerry  fell down. Hes on the floor crying. I look back up. “Why do you want to kill me?” i say as i start to cry
“You hurt us so much. You must pay”
I look at him. In the blinking street light i see his dark blue eyes.
“I..Dont understand” He pulls out a sword And puts it to my neck. I get the  sword in my hands as he pushes down. It starts to cut through my hands.
“you are a spy that has killed many of my people”  With that the sword cuts threw my hands and slices threw my neck”  For the second i can still see i saw jerry, on the floor crying as his best friend being killed right in front of him.