"Seven days in the hospital and there’s still no answer." | Teen Ink

"Seven days in the hospital and there’s still no answer."

By lostandsmall SILVER, Athens, Alabama
lostandsmall SILVER, Athens, Alabama

"Maybe our favourite quotations say more about us than the stories and people we're quoting."
-Looking For Alaska- John Green-

I’ve been in this accursed place for seven days now. They’re saying there’s no response but all I’m doing is responding. I scream at the top of my lungs, hoping someone will hear me. I yell at the doctors and nurses, I ask them what’s wrong but they walk past me like I’m not here. LISTEN! ANYONE LISTEN! I grab at them but they act as if they can’t hear me.
I see family around, they seem sad. They’re never touching each other like this, never showing affection. This is ridiculous. What’s gotten into you?
I can’t stop asking about him. I ask everyone, anyone. I just want to know where he is. Why isn’t he here? He should be here. He would want to be here with me. I miss him. I need him.
It’s been seven days and I’ve gone insane. What’s happening? Why are you ignoring me. I can’t begin to comprehend what sort of mess this is.
And suddenly, I’m thrown through space to somewhere completely different. Now my family is gathered around me. What are they doing? Where am I now?
I feel hot now. Why am I hot? I feel like I’m standing in a fire. Oh, that’s just pain. I feel like my body is being torn to shreds, I try to scream but no sound emits from my ever so dry mouth. Help, anyone help.
My mother sits down beside me and pats my face. She hasn’t done this in years. Tears roll down her unusually makeup-less face. “You can let go now, baby girl. It’s gon’ be okay.”
No, what are you trying to say. What are you telling me? I don’t understand. I’m not holding on to anything. What are talking about a few tears roll down her face and she gently plants a kiss onto my clammy skin. “You go on home now, I’ll be there as soon as I can.”
All around me is white. White, white, white, nothing but white. And then I see him.

Based on the 10 word story "Seven days in the hospital and there’s still no answer."