Two Streets Down | Teen Ink

Two Streets Down

October 22, 2014
By alayna.lynae BRONZE, La Quinta, California
alayna.lynae BRONZE, La Quinta, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To love, is to destroy, to be loved, is to be destroyed."- The Mortal Instruments


Alayna Abernathy

Two Streets Down
I pulled my phone out of my basket and texted Kaity.

Kaity: How far?
Me: Two streets, till my house.
Kaity: Kk, when their talking right?
Me:Yea

I put my phone away, I nudged Kaity with my elbow. I started whispering, where only she and I could hear.

"One, two, three, GO!" I yelled. We sprinted down the street. "Lets try to make it to my house!Its just two streets down!" I yelled, I looked back seeing the guys chasing after us, I giggled and looked back just in time.

"OK!" she yelled back, "SPIDER!" she screamed jumping over it.
I couldn't help but start laughing hysterically. "It was fake!" I said to her. By now we were jogging and if we looked back, the guys weren't visible, probably on the first street still. We finally reached my house, I pulled out my key and opened the door. My mom and dad were on a business trip, meaning no one was here.

"Hey lets scare them!" Kaity said.

"No?!" I replied sarcastically.

Kaity went to the bathroom, while I started pacing, thinking how we should scare them. She finally came back out. “Ok, so im going to hide outside, behind a bush, then you are going to scare them again inside somehow okay?” I looked down the street, they were walking and weren't far. “They’re coming!” I shouted. Kaity shrieked and left the room, I opened the door and hid behind a bush nearby the door. They got closer and closer by the second, right before they were turning in I knocked on the window to signal Kaity. Then they turned into the yard.

I overheard them. “Hey do you have the keys?” Tyler asked.

“No, but she has an extra pair underneath the mat.” he replied. I figured now would be a good time. Just as he bent down to lift up the mat I jumped out of the bush.

“BOO!” I screamed, unable to think of anything else to say. Tyler let out a small shriek, meanwhile Jacob, shrieked, I mean, screamed his lungs out, as he stumbled back, bumping into Tyler causing them to fall over like dominoes. I laid on the floor laughing like crazy, barely able to breathe, Tyler and Jacob started laughing with me too. They got up and offered me their hand I took it and wiped the dirt off my dress. “Where'd you learn to scream like that Jacob?” I asked him still smiling

“I honestly dont know” he replied grinning and chuckling.

“You do know that the door was open right?” I asked opening it I said slightly laughing.

“God, you're so stupid Jacob.” Tyler said chuckling.

When we walked in the living room to find a movie on the TV was on, I looked to find Frankenstein on, the classic one. Wait, where's Kaity? “Kaity?!” I somewhat yelled. Jacob sat down on the couch to watch the rest of the movie, he said he needed a break. Tyler and I searched the house for Kaity.

“Kaity?!” I yelled, not thinking about the prank anymore. “Tyler?! Did you find her?” I yelled again.

“Um, no not yet.” he yelled back. I went to the kitchen to where he was. The fridge was slightly open, I went to close it, Tyler stifled a gasp. I looked at him strangely, I looked back at the fridge, and opened it again. Kaity was there grinning like an idiot.

“God, you scared me! I couldnt find you anywhere!” I looked over at Tyler. “You just saw and her and helped her didnt you?” I asked not surprised. He nodded grinning. I groaned, “Can we just go watch the rest of the movie with Jacob?”

“Sure.” Kaity and Tyler mumbled

“Aw!” Kaity said, “Look at him he’s so cute when he’s sleeping, I don't like it.” she left us with that and headed towards the back, she came back with a box full of stuff, acting like this was her own house. She knelt down and grabbed a makeup wipe, she wiped off all of his clown makeup off, she grabbed lipstick, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, mascara and more. Tyler and I stared in awe. “Done.” she said standing up and looking at her masterpiece, she put the box of stuff behind the couch. The three of us, poked him, shook him, tried to wake up then finally we gave up and decided to sit down and watch the movie.

Finally, I heard Jacob yawn, we all turned our heads to look at him. Kaity smiled. “Looking hot.” Tyler said grinning. I tried not to laugh so hard.

“Yeah, has anyone ever told you how cute you are?” she asked twirling her hair, pretending to flirt. I had to laugh, Tyler and Kaity joined me.

“What did you do to me?” he asked his eyebrows furrowed with confusion

“Did you know that you are the prettiest guy I have ever seen?” I asked still unable to control my laughter, “I mean literally, im not kidding.” I handed him a mirror from the box. His jaw dropped. Tyler and I both pointed to Kaity, meanwhile she was smirking at him.

“Oh, I hate you guys.” he said getting comfortable on the couch, continuing to watch the movie.

After we finished the movie, everyone left but Kaity, she was spending the rest of the night at my house.

“Hey, how much candy did you get?” I asked her.

“A lot!!” she exclaimed

“Want to trade, or possibly share?” I asked her raising an eyebrow.

“Fine.” she muttered, grabbing her bag and opening it, searching for my favorite, Sour patch kids. We both passed out, feeling sick to our stomachs, from eating all the candy.