Daydreamer | Teen Ink

Daydreamer

October 12, 2014
By xOceanWaves GOLD, Belleville, New Jersey
xOceanWaves GOLD, Belleville, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't know where I'm going, but I hope I go far.


I saw a boy today. He was beautiful. Short, shaggy brown hair, seaweed green eyes, and with tiny freckles above his cheeks. He was tall, much taller than I am.


There was a girl with him, definitely his girlfriend. He seemed unhappy around her. She made him carry her twelve bags and constantly yelled at him for daydreaming. Maybe his daydreams were the only things that kept him happy, because every time the girl went into the dressing room, he had this big smile, with bleached white teeth that could light up all of New York City.


He caught my eye from across one of the stores. I just simply nodded and kept moving. He smiled back and ruffled his hair a bit, then jumped back into reality when he heard his girlfriend talking to him. I laughed quietly to myself and continued to watch him doze off into another daydream from a distance. He looked over to where I was, tugged on the sleeves of his shirt and shrugged with an innocent smile. I blushed and nodded again.


I hope he keeps daydreaming, and I hope that whatever makes him happy now, keeps the beautiful boy I saw, smiling.