The Beauty Experiment | Teen Ink

The Beauty Experiment

By NormalDayNightmare GOLD, Caledonia, Other
NormalDayNightmare GOLD, Caledonia, Other

"Music is free therapy."- Alan Ashby
"I am an adult man. Do not bring me into the tumblr world of relationships."- Aaron Pauley

The Beauty Experiment

Chapter 1

Five kids. Five kids from the ages 13 to 18 have been chosen to take part in a experiment. However these teens have something special about them, weither that is talents or perfect skin or amazing grades. They have special things about them and they think so highly of themselves that they are the first to judge other people by their looks or the clothes they wear or things like that. We will put these kids in a room where they will have a conversation with another person. After that conversation we will ask them questions, let's see what they say...

Chapter 2

Rebecca's POV (14 years old)

I am placed in a room with another girl, we sit at a table. The girl looks around my age but I couldn't be sure, she was probably 15.

"I'm Hailey," She smiled, extending her hand for me to shake.

"Rebecca," I say and gingerly take her hand, Hailey wasn't the prettiest of people, she had zits all over her face, her fingernails were bitten down to stumps and her hair was messy and looked slightly dirty.

She wore a black hoodie with a fading design on it and a white shirt underneath which looked like it had multiple stains on it. Gross.

Finally the conversation is over and I am seated in another room with a few people.

"What is the first thing you noticed about Hailey?"

"Her zits,"

Chapter 3

Shane's POV ( 17 years old)

I am sitting across from a over weight teenage boy with a large array of red zits across his face. He kept talking about food or other things like sports, things I don't understand.

I am then taken into a different room where people ask me a simple question:

"What was the first thing you noticed about Dawson?"

"Fat."

Chapter 4

This happened again and again, Gretchen a innocent 13 year old girl noticed that Frank was nervous and constantly had a twitch and would stutter his words. Owen noticed that Sierra was slightly overweight but constantly talked about sad and depressing things. But finally we come to the last person, Chloe.

Chapter 5

Chloe's POV (15 years old)

I am seated with a short girl. I have learned that her name is Senna and she is African American, moving here before she was born. Senna has a slight stutter and has multiple zits across her face and she has fading scars across her wrists and arms. But she had beautiful eyes, they were a light bluish green; like the ocean and she was very nice. Nicer than most of the kids that I go to school with.

I am taken away from Senna to another room where a person asks me,

"What did you notice first about Senna?"

Now I could've said anything, the scars on her wrists or her stutter or the zits or that she was African American but I think my answer surprised the person.

"Her inner beauty,"

Jayy Von Monroe once said:

"Even if a person is butt ugly I always notice their eyes"

The eyes are supposed to be the windows to the soul. In everyone's soul there is inner beauty. I just wished everyone else could see that