The Graduation Speech | Teen Ink

The Graduation Speech

By ompatel SILVER, Newport, Delaware
ompatel SILVER, Newport, Delaware

Oh my god!  I can’t believe the graduation day has come.

Now I call upon Jay Patel to get his graduation certificate. Clap it up for him.

Then claps filled up a sudden silent room. Therefor when I go up there and get my certificate. Then when I am ready to give a speech the auditorium is silent. There for before giving the speech my hands were shivering and a sudden water drop from my face down to my paper. While everyone is looking at me waiting form my speech and my teachers and principle telling me say something. So due to that I started talking with nervousness while everyone is looking at me. But however I want to let people know how happy I was that I have great/supporting parents and all this belongs to them because they teach me the most important in life called being a Good Man.

So today I am here because of my mom and dad because if they would have not put me and my brother in a hostel we would have never been able to make it to this level. Most of all this is because they put us in a hostel. I still remember when he came from America to drop us in India and decide a good school to attend.

First day they made us take a level set with another group of people in which everyone was calm and my brother also was calm but I was nervous and due to that there was sweat dripping down my head and hands shivering and my heart beating fast. Therefor at the end I was happy because I did not do badly on my test. The most important time is when they came to see us before they were going back to America. At that time I felt I was given a punishment because I did not have anyone except my brother. But later on I understood why mom and dad did that for because they wanted me to be capable to do anything without anyone’s support.

So the overall purpose behind the speech is to tell the upcoming generation that whatever your elders decide for you is mostly correct but you teens should also know about what is going on so you can tell if it’s true or not. So all the credit of my graduation goes to my mom and dad because if they would not have supported me I would have not made it to this level and have graduated. Therefor I would also like to thank my teachers for helping me be successful in life and giving me a good education. So one thing I would like to say is that there are two people who help you be successful in life which are you parents and your teachers. That’s all I would like to say thank you very much to my parents and teachers.

Therefor after the speech everyone was clapping with tears in their eyes and thanking me for my graduation.

The responsibility of my parents towards us inspired me to do this piece.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences