Make my Day | Teen Ink

Make my Day

By Si_er_ra GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
Si_er_ra GOLD, Littleton, Colorado

In the end it will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Law: Make my Day
Use: “I thought they were going to hurt me and/or my family. I was just trying to protect myself/us.”
Outcome: No charges, self defense.

I never thought it would happen but it did. I ended up in court for killing someone. At a young age I learned the Make my Day law. I didn’t think I would ever need to use it, But now, here I am; in court. But not any court. The court that makes the decision if you go into hell or heaven. One day after months of pain and being morose I realized I wasn’t myself anymore. I was a completely different person from who I was a year ago, and it wasn't a good thing. I started being afraid. I started worrying and second guessing everything. Lost and alone in my own mind. I was going insane on the inside. But no one else could see how much pain I was in. I always smiled and laughed during the day. I was the girl who never stopped smiling. But when it gets dark and I’m alone in my room, things can go terribly wrong. The voices come out. I can't block them out, drown them in music or ignore them. Why you ask? Because the voices are in my head. They drive a person insane. Make them do crazy things. It was really taking over myself. I was losing my soul to an unknown creature. Till one day I finally had enough of the mental torture. I had to do something about it before it hurts me, my family, or anyone else around me. This was much more worse than the monsters under my bed. I had to fight to blinded. And when I made the decision that night for what I was going to do about it, I knew it was going to put one person at risk.  Hours of contemplating what I was going to do I came up with the answer. I was going to blow it up to pieces. When I was the only one awake in the house at 3 AM I went down, down far into the basement. Went into a corner, and shot that thing out of my mind. Too bad I’m in its home now.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences