Make my Day | Teen Ink

Make my Day

September 16, 2014
By Si_er_ra GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
Si_er_ra GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the end it will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end.


Law: Make my Day
Use: “I thought they were going to hurt me and/or my family. I was just trying to protect myself/us.”
Outcome: No charges, self defense.

I never thought it would happen but it did. I ended up in court for killing someone. At a young age I learned the Make my Day law. I didn’t think I would ever need to use it, But now, here I am; in court. But not any court. The court that makes the decision if you go into hell or heaven. One day after months of pain and being morose I realized I wasn’t myself anymore. I was a completely different person from who I was a year ago, and it wasn't a good thing. I started being afraid. I started worrying and second guessing everything. Lost and alone in my own mind. I was going insane on the inside. But no one else could see how much pain I was in. I always smiled and laughed during the day. I was the girl who never stopped smiling. But when it gets dark and I’m alone in my room, things can go terribly wrong. The voices come out. I can't block them out, drown them in music or ignore them. Why you ask? Because the voices are in my head. They drive a person insane. Make them do crazy things. It was really taking over myself. I was losing my soul to an unknown creature. Till one day I finally had enough of the mental torture. I had to do something about it before it hurts me, my family, or anyone else around me. This was much more worse than the monsters under my bed. I had to fight to blinded. And when I made the decision that night for what I was going to do about it, I knew it was going to put one person at risk.  Hours of contemplating what I was going to do I came up with the answer. I was going to blow it up to pieces. When I was the only one awake in the house at 3 AM I went down, down far into the basement. Went into a corner, and shot that thing out of my mind. Too bad I’m in its home now.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences