The wall | Teen Ink

The wall

By Jhiggs SILVER, Rock Springs, Wyoming
Jhiggs SILVER, Rock Springs, Wyoming

"You were always so scared of losing me, I almost forgot I could lose you too."
-j.h

Once there was a wall. Yes, that's right I said a wall. This wall stretched all the way around the world. It had been there for as long as anyone could remember. Though everyone through out the world wondered why it was there no one bothered to ask. It wasn't in their way so they were fine. Soon Greed came into the hearts of man, and though they tried to push it away it just wouldn't go. There was a man who was already consumed by the greed. He wanted to control the world. The only way he knew to do that was by questioning the existence of the wall. To test his plan he decided to travel to a small near by village. "This wall has been here long enough!" he started screaming, "The Government built it to hide everything from you. all their wealth. everything!" not many people listened at first but eventually everyone was questioning the wall. They started throwing rocks and sticks trying to rip down the wall. There was a boy, as there so often is in these stories, whose father (the town drunk) beat him every night.
"Son," the slurred to his 5 year old boy, "I want you to go take down the wall tomorrow with me." the boy being scared of his father nodded and went with his father the next day. as the boy stumbled up the hill he caught sight of the wall. It was so beautiful to him. even if it wasn't to everyone else. He knew he'd get a beating though so he picked up the tiniest pebble he could and threw it. His father was so proud of him that he saved him this once. After making sure his father was passed out the boy went to the wall and picked his way up the tree next to the wall. he gently rested his hand on it.
"I'm sorry for throwing the pebble." his voice soothed the wall. "I didn't want to but my dad would have hurt me." he showed the wall his bruises. then he jumped from the tree and walked home. As the days turned the months into years The Wall soon fell in love with the boy. One night 13 years later the bot didn't show up. Nor the night after that for the rest of the week. The wall began to worry but then she say him stumble up towards her and she Smiled with glee that quickly turned into a grimace. The Boy started crying. “he found out I came here. He beat me and beat me until he passed out.” the blood was still oozing from is head.

“what can I do?” the wall whispered to him.

“Take me away from here” he laughed with a sob. Then he shook his beautiful beaten face. “but, you can't. It's okay. Everything is okay. I'll be okay.” and he rested his head against the wall. The tear Crystal slid from the bloody cheek and splattered to the wall. Thats all it took was a tear. A tear of love. Thats all it took to brake down a wall. As the dust settled the boy realized he was unharmed. He looked up and way a Beautiful girl.

“Quick!” she beckoned to him. “hide!” he ran behind some near by bushes. The girl started building the wall again as the towns people ran to see what happened.

“Hey!” one cried, “What do you think you're doing?! We deserve to get on the other side of that wall. The girl laughed and kept on working. Then another cried out saying the same thing.

“you DESERVE?!” she yelled, “You do not deserve anything you all hurt me and didn't care about what I thought and felt.” they all stood silent as the girl continued to build her wall.

“What about my son?” her Green eyes Were as cold as emeralds.

“your son?” her laugh was bitter. “He isn't your son. You're supposed to Love your son. And I don't think beating him to death is love” she placed the Last brick and turned towards the Boy.