CECIL AND ADRIANA | Teen Ink

CECIL AND ADRIANA

June 18, 2014
By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)


“Cecil! Wait! Let’s stop here for a moment. Oh look at that beautiful sunset.”Adriana said to her husband, Cecil.
Cecil looked at his wife and walked towards her. He watched her as she watched the sunset with fascination.
He smiled. She hadn’t changed. All those years…even after their kids…she still hasn’t changed.
She was still that little girl who saw the good in everything. She was still the girl that he had met in school.
“Cecil.Oh isn’t it just beautiful?”Asked Adriana taking hold of her husband’s hand.
“Yes...it is but not as half as beautiful as you.” he answered artfully
“Aww…Cecil. Thank you.” said Adriana resting her head on Cecil’s shoulder.
They watched the sunset in peace.
“Hey Adriana!”Said a voice from behind them.
The couple turned around to see a man in a long brown coat looking at them with a smile on his face.
“Hi Mark.” said Adriana and clinging on to her husband’s arm, she said, “And you do remember my husband, Cecil...Don’t you?”
“Of course. Hi Cecil.” said Mark coldly trying to his best to let only Cecil would feel it. But Adriana felt the difference.
“Hi Mark.” said Cecil
“So Adriana…how’s life?”Asked Mark
“Great! Life’s just great!”Said Adriana “Isn’t it, Cecil?”
“Of course, dear. Life is amazing.” answered Cecil with a smile looking at his wife.
“Well…where are the kids?”Asked Mark
“Oh, they’re with my mother. You know...Kids and grandparents. They love our parents.” answered Adriana
“So what brings you here, Mark?”Asked Cecil before Mark could pose another question.
“Oh...I’m on business.” Answered Mark giving Cecil a quick glance and then looking at Adriana again.
Then Mark started to talk about his job and about how his life had been.
“Hey Cecil! How about a question? Living here…you should know the answer to this question.” Said Mark
Adriana looked at her husband. Cecil looked at her. Adriana nodded and slowly opened and closed her eyes. This told Cecil that he should try the question and that Adriana would help him.
“Ok.”Answered Cecil
“Okay…so back in 1020 Ad…there was a monster that lived here. Everyone feared it. Later, a young man defeated it and saved this country. That story was considered as one of the greatest stories…because it was a combination of love, horror, mystery and adventure. Later it became a myth and a monument of the monster was built. Now…my question is…what is the name of this monster?”Asked Mark.
Cecil was clueless. He didn’t know the answer. He looked at Adriana and saw her walk slowly to the fountain where a monument of an ugly beast was standing. She looked at it and nodded.
Cecil tried and tried to remember the name but he could not. Adriana read the inscription on the monument and began to mouth the letters to Cecil.
“G-A-L-L-O-U-S. Gallous.” thought Cecil as he put together the words his wife said.
“Gallous?”Cecil asked Mark
“Yes...Gallous what?”Asked Mark
“Gallous…..um…”struggled Cecil
Adriana looked helpless.
“Your time is up, Cecil. It’s Gallous Scornious. The full name is only there in the history books. You got to know the history or at least read about it to know the name. Cecil…living in a country means knowing at least a little of its history too.” said Mark walking away.
Adriana looked at Cecil. She saw the disappointment in his eyes. He was upset that he couldn’t answer.
“Oh Cecil. Don’t worry.” said Adriana “Forget what he said.”
Adriana tried to hold her husband’s hand. But he just walked away.
Mark watched them from the other side of the fountain.
Cecil walked away and Adriana watched him leave. She sat near the fountain.
Mark came to her. “Where did Cecil go?”He asked
“He wanted to get something to eat.” Adriana Lied
“Oh…he’s a lucky guy to have you.” said Mark.
“Thank you, Mark.” Said Adriana and she stood up. “I think I should go find Cecil. See you later, Mark. Good luck with your work here.”
Mark nodded.
Adriana walked and walked but she couldn’t find Cecil.
She saw a food stall and stopped there. She joined the queue.
There was a man in front of her. He suddenly looked at her. It was Cecil!
“Cecil! Oh…here you are!”Said Adriana
Cecil quickly took his food and walked away. Adriana took her food and ran after him.
“Wait…Cecil!”She shouted as she ran.
She caught up with Cecil and held his hand. “Oh…Cecil. Don’t be upset. It’s okay. Who cares about a monster anyway?”
Cecil stopped walking and looked at her. “I don’t know anything. But Mark…he knows so much. I feel like nothing when he’s there.” Said Cecil
“But you’re not nothing…you hear? You’re everything to me. Now forget about Mark and walk with Me.” said Adriana nestling close to Cecil.
“You always know how to make me feel better. You’re an angel, Adriana.you know that?”Asked Cecil
“Yes I do. You tell me all the time.” answered Adriana
They stopped at a cliff and watched the sunset.
“Perfect view.” said Cecil “Perfect for a picture.”
Cecil took out his camera and set it on its stand.
“You’d look gorgeous with the sunset in the background.” said Cecil
“You always take photos of me” said Adriana
“Yeah and I never take photos of myself.” said Cecil
“Don’t worry… I take photos of you.” said Adriana
Cecil looked at his wife surprised. “There’s still some mystery left in her. I never knew she took photos. And of me…I would have never imagined!” Thought Cecil to himself
He looked at his wife again. She looked like a silhouette of an angel against the sunset. She was so beautiful.
“I’m still mysteries…aren’t I, my love?” asked Adriana coming close to him.
“Mystical.” answered Cecil as he placed her in front of him and took a photo. “Gorgeous and amazingly mystical.”