Joseph | Teen Ink

Joseph

By KiwaLou96 GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
KiwaLou96 GOLD, Centerville, Iowa

Joseph

As I am sitting here, in my car, glass everywhere, my life begins to flash before my eyes. I am sorry to leave behind my wife, Cara. I am sorry to not be able to live my life with her. I flash back to my childhood. Running through the cornfield of eastern Nebraska. Duke, my german sheppard following behind me closely. I ran and ran. Flashing forward to two years later, going to junior high riding my bike to school. Flashing forward three more years to high school. Flashing forward to my first car to my first girlfriend. I realize there is a lot I won’t be able to do. Teach my son how to hunt and fish. Won’t be able to watch the upcoming Super Bowls. I cannot believe I am going to die here in this car. I thought maybe I would die later on in my life maybe during my 70’s in my sleep or to an heart-attack. I did once think that I was going to die when I was about ten. I was swimming, and swam out to the middle of the lake, racing my friend John. I realized my body was becoming sore and I was losing oxygen. I began to sink slowly more and more towards the bottom of the lake. Then I was scooped up by strong arms and I felt the air hit my face and fill my lungs sharply. It almost painful. I looked up to see my father. Maybe when I close my eyes, and look up again, I’ll see him again saving me.