Dayna | Teen Ink

Dayna

By KiwaLou96 GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
KiwaLou96 GOLD, Centerville, Iowa

Dayna

Walking home alone, has never been a favorite thing of mine. I always try to have someone walk with me, even if it is only a block away. I run towards the door and close it behind me. I walk quickly towards the t.v. and turn it on to put some sound on. I sit down and try to calm myself. Nobody is following me. It’s all in my head. It’s all over and done with. She can’t hurt me here. Two years ago, I lived my life in more terror than now, if that is hard to believe. Mayanne, a woman who made my life a living hell. Literally. At one point, she had killed my cat and put him in my driver’s seat in my car. She would follow me home and would knock on my door at crazy times of the night. When I would answer the door, she would run away. She would write on my windows with lipstick, calling me horrible names. But its all over now. I texted Micah, my love, before dozing off. Ping Ping. I checked my phone. Micah never texted me back. Ping Ping. Someone was throwing rocks off my window. I smiled, realizing Micah was throwing rocks off the window to be romantic. As I pushed away the curtains, I felt my heart sink, as I see the words, “I’m Back!” in blood red, on my window pane.