Dolls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon in Dolleysville. Jane and Richard were going to have the ideal day on the beach. The sunset, the waves crashing against the soft smooth sand, a glass of champagne, and, to them, all the time in the world.

Jane was so excited because she knew that this would be the night Richard would propose. Richard didn't think Jane would figure out the clues he had left pertaining to his proposal, but she caught on, and she couldn't wait.

Richard picked up Jane at one o'clock. She looked great in her shorts and plain T-shirt. To him, she would look great in anything. The ride was comfortable and relaxing because, while they were riding in Richard's red convertible, the wind was running through their hair, the sun's rays were warming their faces, and the beautiful coastline was running alongside of them.

As soon as they found the perfect spot on the beach, they stopped and unloaded the food and champagne. Jane laid on a beach blanket while Richard carried the picnic basket. For a while they enjoyed the scenery and each other's company.

As the sun was setting, Richard and Jane decided to enjoy a wholesome game of frisbee in the cooling breeze.

The frisbee was flying through the air back and forth until Jane decided to run away with it. Richard ran after her and tackled her. The frisbee went flying out of her hands onto the road. She jumped up and insisted on getting it. She ran to the road, stopped, blew Richard a kiss, and bent down to pick up the frisbee. Jane turned around and smiled her sweetest smile at Richard. As she looked at him, she couldn't understand why he looked so stupified. She turned and there was a Mack truck right behind her, barreling down the road at 75 miles an hour. Poor Richard was so speechless he couldn't even warn her. It was too late.

Richard just stood there while Jane, in slow motion, tried to escape the truck's path. He saw Jane's fragile body crushed by the maniac driver. First her legs, then her head ...

"Stupid. I hate you, Bobby." MarySue picked up her dolls, kicked Bobby's Mack truck and tried to fix Jane's body from being run over by her brother's truck. She grabbed both dolls and ran inside for lunch. 1

facey1314 said...
This was a creative piece and it would've been hard for you to come up for the ending, but it was pretty cool!

dance_like_me said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 1:33 am
Wow, this is really...odd. But also quite clever! Good job :)