Eye Know Your Secret | Teen Ink

Eye Know Your Secret

Eye know your secret, can see right through you, into your soul. Eye see the way you talk, the way your mouth smoothly presses together as the words emanate from your lips. Eye see the way your nostrils flare and your brows get those little wrinkles that look like crow’s feet. Eye see the way your color deepens just enough, so rosy won’t accurately describe your complexion anymore. Eye almost see your heart hammering harder, like a lumberjack who has to finish chopping before the sun sets on his golden head, marking the end.
Eye know your secret, heard it all before. In drivers education they say that 90% of the information you receive is collected by your eyes. People also say that, “…90% of what you’re saying ain’t comin’ out of your mouth,” to quote directly. And since what they say goes, Eye have to agree.
Eye know your secret, can taste it in the air. The sweet bitterness of the salt on your skin as you sweat taints the chilly breeze. Eye trace the inside of the solid enamel with my tongue, searching for every last bit as it circulates through the air into my body. It lets those who can feel the sharpness on their tongue know, that I know your secret.
Eye know your secret, can feel it in your touch. The heat envelopes your skin, releasing the red blood into your veins. As our fingers make contact, Eye feel the coolness of my flesh leaping into yours, failing to calm your increasing temperature. The fever consumes you, taking over your every action and phrase. Eye can feel it in your piercing gaze.
Eye know your secret, sense the essence of the stench. As the water-like substance meets the air, the foul smell disperses, guided by your ragged breath. It tries to hide itself beneath perfumed layers of vanilla and coconut, but it can’t hide from me. Eye know it’s there, making it all the more prominent.
Eye know your secret. Your heart pounds with fear; your ears perk up with anticipation; your body sweats with vengeance; your skin flushes with worry; your person reek of secrets, and I know why, ‘cause Eye know your secret.

danasfriend said...
Simply devine, Dana. Loved it :)

erinpiano said...
on Dec. 10 2008 at 1:35 am
Yay!! congrats dana! i love it!!

Erin