Overcomer | Teen Ink

Overcomer

Life, no matter whose you may live, is far from perfect in the end. Whether it may be due to mistakes of your own or those around you, obstacles are going to come and will need to be overcome. Be an overcomer like this girl who was brought to the world with great magical powers by the Lord. Hayden Jo had many challenges still brought her way though and none of them were due to her own mistakes. It’s a journey full of magic, pain, death, and salvation as Hayden redeems her families’ tragic deaths with her bravery, selflessness, and hidden faith.

The summer breeze blew in the distance of Cloverblue Valley as most of the towns people prepared for a warm summer day. All but a young girl, Hayden Jo, will have a summer kick off to begin the towns’ favorite season. She was never invited to town celebrations and was an outcast to all the towns’ people, because she has a magical gift that no one else held. On top of sitting at home watching the town begin their celebrations, Hayden’s’ life was going to be instead dramatically altered as she made her way home the until the town leader met her first. Frankle Burk stood there by her door seemingly waiting for her arrival with something clenched in his grip. As Hayden began to ponder why the leader would want to talk with her, she quickly realized the red stains on his suit and the red steps leading up onto her patio. His tight clench finally released though as he swung the hidden dagger towards Hayden’s neck. Taken aback, Hayden began to run as her neck bled into the palms of her hands. All she knew was her family, if still okay, was in trouble and she would be as well if she met with Frankle once again. The thoughts about her own troubles blurred away as she forgot about herself and focused on the only ones that were ever there for her; her family.

Finally she found safety in the old tree house hidden behind trees in forever forgotten woods miles from home where Hayden calmed herself and focused her enchanted powers to begin to heal the deep cut left on her neck. The sparks of magic arouse as the cut healed into leaving nothing but a faint scar. Chills came over her body though as visions of Frankle came into her mind. He had left a mark on her and a vision of the powers that not only she had within herself, but that he also kept ahold of. She knew she had lost too much blood to begin a battle between her and Frankle, but would do nothing less of searching for her family and save the town from the now knowingly magic leader. She was comfortable with no one now as she felt her heart clench in pain as she saw things in her past vision and soon realized her family had also died. Hayden could go to no one as her magical powers kept her away from anyone that would help. Without the only ones kept close to her heart gone, she knew all she wanted to do was prevent this pain from happening to anyone else in her town.

Finally mustering enough strength, she raised her body up and prepared to find and save the distant people around her that could be in danger. No one was able to believe in any religion besides Frankles’ beliefs, yet the powers Hayden had within herself brought her to the Lord and not the one of lord of Frankle Burk either. Instead of finding the sweet revenge of using her powers against Frankle, she was led to people she had once kept distant from herself. The powers she now knew that Frankle had within himself could ravage the town and its people. Nothing mattered now that her family wasn’t there and she was ready to reveal the true power of her magical. Hayden would, instead of leading herself into revenge, find herself becoming a leader for the people around in town and sharing Gods’ grace to all towns people that were prepared to listen. She knew that Frankle, even with his great powers, were a match for her religion and the safety of the people she sought to protect.

Nothing came to her as a helping hand into her salvations, yet the obstacles thrown her way were nothing compared to the bravery, selflessness, and religion of her own. Happy ending would not describe her journey, but Hayden would instead turn a journey of her own into a better life for everyone that was now surrounding her. Nothing about her family would be shown better until she brought down Frankle Burks’ empire and saved those from his destruction that she personally faced.

This is more of a short story then an article, but its a story about a young girl dealing with the challenges of life.