The Seven Chairs | Teen Ink

The Seven Chairs

November 22, 2008
By Anonymous

Once in a summer not long ago, the seven nuns of the Forgotten Abbey were having their dinner when Sister Alice said, “Where did our chairs go?”

Sister Kelly replied, “Mine was a bit too soft so I gave it to the poor.”

Sister Katherine said, “A hospital had lost most of their so I gave them mine.”

“Sister Emily got angry and karate-chopped min and hers, “replied Sister Jackie.

Sister Emily immediately shouted, “I said I was sorry!”

Sister Mia said, “Sister Caroline and I used the rest of them as firewood this morning.”

“Luckily a man talked to me this morning and said ‘Since I’m closing down, you can take some of the furniture from my store.’ We can see some in the morning, “ said Sister Alice.

The next morning they went to Mr. R.I. Poff’s store, Poff’s Furniture.

He led the nuns to his chair department and gave them his second-best chairs. There happened to be seven. Sister Alice paid for the chairs and the nuns left.

Later, after they had just said the grace before their meal, they all happened to say, “This is comfy” in unison, and thy all poofed away. The first one ended up in London, the second in New York, the third in Beijing, the fourth in Rome, the fifth in France, (Paris, to be precise), the sixth in Sydney, the seventh in San Paolo.

Sister Alice was levitating in a cathedral in London. When she looked down she saw two priests muttering and pointing. She shouted, “Help!” and she made a sudden drop. Then she suddenly stopped. She began to think that the last thing that happened was that she said this is comfy. She thought, “What would happen if I said it backwards?”

“Eefmock…” she began, and suddenly she was back.

Similar things happened to all the sisters except for Sister Emily and Sister Mia. Those two fell all the way to the floor. Sister Emily murmered “Eefmock.”

Sister Mia made the sound “eef” and then as the wood smashed the sound “mock” and immediately both were teleported home.

When they were all home, they took Sister Emily and Sister Mia to the hospital. Then the rest went to Poff’s Furniture and asked for new chairs. Mr. R.I. Poff quickly agreed and handed them a new set of chairs and said, “These chairs won’t take you anywhere on earth…”

Even though they believe him, they made a vow to never say “comfy” while sitting again. Just in case.