Little Miss Muffet. | Teen Ink

Little Miss Muffet.

March 20, 2014
By Failed_Youth_97 SILVER, Gloucester, Other
Failed_Youth_97 SILVER, Gloucester, Other
5 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
If God is our father, then we're all orphans. - Otep Shamaya.


She sat on the tuffet, staring at the bowl clasped in her filthy hands. The cold curds stared right back at the tiny girl, a breeze ruffling her ripped dress. She wondered how things could get so desperate, to be stealing cold food that still wouldn’t put meat on her gaunt figure. Without ones family where do you go?
The spider. That was the name he went by. She remembered well. Yesterday was his release date from the cells. Tears dripped silently down her face as she remembered the night. Coming home to a blood-stained house, shards of wood and glass from shattered table and windows lay strewn across the living room and an apprentice of her father’s stood and smiled at her, spattered with blood; and the young girl ran. She cried and she screamed and she ran.
There had been pity from her neighbourhood, offers to take her in. But none of those offers worked out, who wouldn’t be a problem child after a happening such as this? So she stuck to the streets. Stealing food and still running, though from what she wasn’t sure. However this night was too quiet, too still, she knew it could be her last.
But what would he gain bar more prison time or an execution from coming back for her? She knew the boy well, he had come to and fro the house at will. To her he was a role model, always smiling and trying his best. She supposed that even good people could break. But why?
She sighed and wiped her eyes, smudging dirt across her face, and slowly went to eat her last few mouthfuls of food.
And then from beside her, came an eerie haunting voice:
‘’Little Miss Muffet, sat on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey’’
The girl closed her eyes and took a deep breath before slowly turning to the side, eyes catching a glint of metal.
‘’then along came a spider, who sat down beside her, and scared Miss Muffet away’’
A grimace appeared on the girls face, as she took in her killers face before the world turned black.


The author's comments:
This is my A level English homework practising narrative perspective.
But I did really enjoy writing it and I think it came out well.