The last visit | Teen Ink

The last visit

March 3, 2014
By HeldaM BRONZE, Addis Abeba, Other
HeldaM BRONZE, Addis Abeba, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For the fourth time that evening he had come to visit her. She shook her head to refocus on her work. It was too late because this time he had already started talking to her. He was there. She could feel his presence, she could smell that cologne that she loved so much. He started blabbering all the things that she had always wanted him to say. She knew that it was all lies. She hated lies and she could not take it anymore. She started scratching her face with her long polished nails. As the lies got worst so did the scratching on her face. It got so bad that she could feel her skull. Once there was nothing left for her to scratch, she started pulling her hair. He had driven her crazy. She took a handful of hair, pulled it, dropped it, did it all over again until there was nothing left on the top of her head. She hoped he was pleased. But no, he kept adding lie after lie after lie. She could not stop him. She pulled both her ears out so that she could not hear his voice anymore. She was wrong once again. Finally she opened up her chest, had a look around in there until she found what she wanted. She took it out. There it was full of life and sitting in the middle of her hand.