My Pal | Teen Ink

My Pal

I wake up in an igloo with the following: a rock, a toothbrush, and four dollars. I can’t remember anything. An ancient man that resembles a fish is staring blankly at me.

“Man I’m hungry.” I said. He pointed silently at a frozen block that looked like a fish.”I ain’t about to eat that,” I responded. He just shrugged his shoulders. I slowly surveyed the situation, I was sitting on what I guessed was a blanket of animal furs. There was a hole in the floor and a pile of rocks were beside it. “Well, I’m out!” I said. And I crawled out of the so-called “door.”

Outside was nothing at all but white, snowy, plains and six big and fluffy sled dogs all harnessed up (and waiting for me.) I hopped on the back and they took off in a dead run that continued for what seemed like hours. Soon I could see a dark and menacing forest closing in on me. I yelled for the dogs to stop, but they paid me no heed. In a matter of seconds we were crashing through the thick overgrowth and on to what seemed like a trail. We were going so fast that I couldn’t see because my eyes were watering.