GossipGirl twist: Is it really ever lasting?: Part 1 | Teen Ink

GossipGirl twist: Is it really ever lasting?: Part 1

October 19, 2008
By Anonymous

Audrey Swan woke up just like any other day, but Ethan Crawford was breathing down my neck. It felt nice, him being so close to her. Everyone says it was meant to be, it seemed like Audrey and Ethan had been together since they were 5 years old. Being now 17, that didn’t change much or so Audrey thought. Lately Audrey’s one true love as been distant, everyone has secrets, maybe Ethan’s just a little too intense for his girlfriend.




It was crowed on the first day back to Riverside Prep in New York City, after a long summer away from her friends Audrey was glade to be back. Every one was sitting on the steps of the Met gabbing about the latest. Carly Meester waved her hands over her head and screaming for Audrey to come and sit. Like Audrey, Carly is a Cheerleader, and she fits the part perfectly with her golden blond hair and her bubbly attitude. She’s Audrey best friend and worst nightmare. Carly is everything Audrey isn’t, being 5.10 to Audrey’s 5.5 well that’s just enough to make her go absolutely crazy, but there’s more, way more … Do you have enough time?

Carson Cullen stepped out of his limo, and on to the school street, looking for is only friend. Ethan detached himself from Audrey’s arm and ran to meet Carson.
“Hey Bro, how was your summer? I saw you, like, once, what were you up to?”





“I was in the Hamptons and London back and forth, you know Bart. So I see you’re are back with Audrey, when did that happen?” Carson had always loved Audrey, but how could he betray his best friend and ask her out when she and Ethan were on a break?




“Ya, as of last month.” Said Ethan.

--



Carly squealed as she saw Owen Westwick figure walking across the green grassy field towards her. She dropped her pom-poms as she jumped into his arms. He gave her a big smile and kissed her the way she loved.




“How was your day? Did you miss me?” Carly said, a twinkle in her eye. She loved to see her boyfriend right after cheer practice; well she loved him all together.





“Yes, I missed you, I always miss you. My day was ok, just more of the same but the best part is right here, right now.” Owen whispered as he kissed Carly once again. The two of them walked hand in hand across the field, dodging the running lacrosse players as they walked to the bleachers.

--



Audrey smiled to herself as she saw Ethan coming out of the guys’ locker room freshly showered after lacrosse practice. He being captain of the River Side Prep Lacrosse Team and her being the captain of the cheer squad is just one more thing Carly would never have, and this pleased Audrey.

“Hi Sweetie!” Audrey said as they kissed. Ethan hated when she said that in front of the guys. They mocked him for it ever chance they got, and the fact that nothing big happened in their forever long relationship, wasn’t helping ether.




“Hey Audrey,” he murmured a fake smile plastered on his face. “Can we talk? Alone?” His green eyes darted around nervously.





“Sure Hun, what’s on your mind?” Audrey replied, a smile gracefully making its way on her face.




They walked almost a half a block before Ethan finally spoke. “Audrey I’ve been thinking…. And I think we uh, need to maybe take a break.” Ethan’s voice was shaky as he spoke, he really did love her but there was some else… Carly.




“What is wrong with you?! You’re the one that wanted to get back together and now, a month later… you want to take a break? Fine Ethan, we’re done, for good!” Tears formed in her eyes as her voice cracked.

--



On Saturday, being the romantic that he is Owen set up a perfect little picnic right in the middle of Central Park. Leaving Carly a text and proceeding to set every up, he now sat there waiting, a boyish grin adorning his face.




“Aww… Owen! What is this all for?” She kissed him and sat down on the plaid blanket he laid out for them.




“I thought you could use a little pick me up, you seemed a little down yesterday when we talked.”


Carly answered her cell phone after the first ring not ever glancing to see who it was.
“Hello?”




“Hey Carly It’s Ethan how’s it going?” his voice a little too happy. Carly waited for his giggle, like he always does when he calls unannounced.





“It’s Friday nothing really special. I was going to Owen’s later, but other then late nothings new.” She giggled when she said Owen’s name.




“Audrey and I broke up today.” He blurted out




“What?! I don’t understand! You two just got back to gather. What?!” Her voice cracked on the last “What?!” Carly already knew one of the reasons her two best friends broke up.




“It was the right thing to do. I’m still in love with you.” Carly could sense a bit of hope rising in his normally deep but now high pitched voice.





“You were never in love with me Ethan, I was just there.” Her voice was resigned as she continued. “Besides I’m with Owen, I love him. He’s my world.”




“Oh…” said Ethan, the hope in his voice now gone.


Carly heard a click and then the dial tone. She hit END on her cell and then pressed 2 on her speed dial.




“Hey Carly I was just about to call you. What’s going on?” Owen’s voice comforted her, soothing her frazzled nerves.



“I’m not really feeling that well, I know I was going to come over but I don’t think I’m up to it. I’ll call you later though ok?” Too ill from what had just happened with Ethan to say any more, Carly hurried for an excuse.




“Oh okay, you just feel better. We can just do something tomorrow if you’re up to it?” His voice a little disappointed from the news.

They said their goodbyes and hung up





“When I talked to you last night you sounded distant, what happened?”
Owen smiled as he ran his fingers in her long blond hair and around her face. “You know you can tell me anything.”




“That tickles!” squealed Carly, pulling Owen into a kiss before she spoke again. “Well last night… Ethan called me… umm… to say that Audrey and he broke up.” She was nervous and Owen could tell. Carly was an easy person to read, just one of the many things Owen loved about her.




“So Ethan just called to say that he broke up with Audrey?” Owen asked tentatively, his voice unsure.



“Yes and no… he also called to tell me…. to tell me that he still loves me.” Tears fell down her goddess like face as she spoke. Owen hated to see her cry; he held her close as she spoke her next words. “What happened last year was never love. I thought it was, but its not. What we have is love, I love you Owen Westwick.




“Carly Meester… you know I love you. And I don’t care what happened in the past, all that matters, is now.” He smiled a glowing smile, and kissed her. They picked up their picnic, grabbed a cab, and headed uptown.

--


The author's comments:
This Piece is all about GossipGirl i canged it a little i hope people like it...