Electronica This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I'm riding on a chariot of fire! Flames splash up on either side and I smell the heat all around as I throw my hands above my head and scream in triumph and passion. We're plummeting down, streaking up, enormous wake of excited molecules jittering and shouting and laughing. We're going to El Dorado! My chariot roars by at a billion miles an hour, the sonic boom shakes the very ground and all the buildings embedded in it. We cry out in surprise as our bodies are stretched to twenty feet long and we laugh and show each other our huge feet. My companions! I love them and shake in anticipation at the promise of the firestorm that will consume us all and buffet us from rave to club to party to gathering to rave again. The lights! The color! The throbbing crowd pressing in on all sides grinning and laughing in euphoria! The low organic pulse of the music rushing through the mass of us, hitting the wall and leaping back into the crowd, slamming into us, absorbing, giving creating! It seizes control of matter and axons and synapses, seduces deliciously, impels the dance to fuse with arms and legs and beautifully swinging hips, spiraling necks. It's birth and death meshing together orgasmically; the night is alive with searing waves of fire and love and ecstasy!

Howl with me, brothers and sister! Cry out to the music and let's forget yesterday and tomorrow and all the traps that lie in wait for us beyond the impenetrable walls of this, our stronghold! Let the universe begin and end here, tonight, and let whatever happens happen, because it's really, really okay! Just one night! One night to forget about the pain and monotony of our lives. One night to shudder and throw ourselves and scream with love and passion in this pulsing electronica jungle. Let us leap and spin like savages together here in our world, in our time! For just one night, we can let it all be! 1

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:27 am
Normally I don't like too many exclamation points, but it really works well here. The energy of this piece is powerful and contagious. Great work.