The Piano Key | Teen Ink

The Piano Key

By -Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia
-Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia

life goes on, with you or without you.

A note, written in ivory. Smooth, cool ivory. A note written in the finest white ink, waiting. Waiting for a master to read it and transform it. Transform it in a way only a mater could, a master who can see what is waiting beneath the single piece of the puzzle. A piece with eighty seven brothers. Eighty eight notes, waiting. Graceful fingers, they caress the notes softly, like a lover would his wife. He reads them, their wishes, dreams, and lies. Gently, he strokes the keys, and begins. He weaves his story with the words from the notes. He tells about love, hate, death, life. Forgiveness and light, darkness and depression, he jerks around your heart and coaxes your tears with the beauty of his words. When he is done, a new note is written. Waiting, in its ivory tomb, for a master who can decipher it.

on Feb. 2 2014 at 8:59 pm
nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

I love this! I play the piano and this is beautiful! Very good job, keep up the good work :).

on Feb. 1 2014 at 9:15 pm
BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia

"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower

i play the piano and as a musician i really appreciate this piece. i read the willow tree and it really interested me. keep going!

-Yin- SILVER said...
on Jan. 31 2014 at 6:47 pm
-Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia

life goes on, with you or without you.

thank you, hopefuly more of my stuff similar to this will be published :)

on Jan. 31 2014 at 1:15 pm
RabbitStew13 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia

I've got two speeds: mildly offensive and outright hostile. Your choice.

This is freakin' awesome. I'm not at all sure what's happening, but it just makes me want to read it more.