An Eagle Life. | Teen Ink

An Eagle Life.

January 16, 2014
By SpiderQueen BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana
SpiderQueen BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana
1 article 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do or do not there is no try"-Yoda


Dedicated To
My Boyfriend
?

Chapter 1
Raider and Pandora were always together. They spent every second, minute, and hour together. One night as Raider was driving Pandora home, they were listening to the radio. Raider changed the station. American Soldier was playing and Pandora liked the song but didn’t because she always cried. "Honey can you please turn it down or switch the station, that song always gets to me every time," said Pandora.
"I'm sorry babe, I didn't know," Raider said.
"It's ok. It's just with you going away and all and with the baby coming along it reminds me of us and I always cry during it because I think of you and how far away you will be," Pandora said.
"Nothing is going to happen to me. I will always be here for you and the baby; I will never leave you," said Raider.
"Thanks," said Pandora as she had tears coming down her face for many reasons.

There were a lot of things on her mind. She didn’t like the idea that he was going away far away. She wondered what life would be with a long distance relationship. January 22 of 2013 was about to change her life forever. Nothing would ever be the same, everything will be so different. Spending time with someone then all of a sudden just gone, is painful. Emotions go through Pandora that no one can relate to; she has so many things in her life that are so hard. Dealing with diabetes, being a Senior going to graduate in 2014, a teen mom, and that little girl having a father that will be gone a lot and not helping Pandora because he won’t be home that much. Can you imagine a life like that and all the emotions running through her mind and body?

Well it is now January 22. Raider came by early that morning to play Halo 2 with Pandora. After playing awhile Raider’s phone went off. “Well it’s time for me to go with my sisters to my Uncles house to say hi to him because he wants to see me before I go,” Raider said.
“I thought you said I was able to go. You promised me that I can be with you on this last day. Why can’t I go?” said Pandora with a sad, scared voice in her.
“I know baby but Glimmer wants to spend time with me alone along with Mist” said Raider.
“This is so unfair why should they spend time alone with you? GOD they are your sisters they act like they are dating you. Just go and be with them forget about me. Mist always has to be touching you all the time on the arm or she always complains about her back when you are home. So then she needs to you to pop her back for her. She needs to get herself a boyfriend. That day when all of us were at lodge she had to be touching your arm. I’m glad your mom told everyone I was your girlfriend because if she didn’t they would think Mist was your girlfriend. You know how hard this will be with me carrying our baby and you going to be gone and I still have my senior year left to go? You don’t know the feelings that will go through me. I understand that your family needs to spend time with you, honey, but we should all spend time together then no one will be upset and no one will have more time than the other it would be fair. Glimmer doesn’t care about me. I will never get to say goodbye to you. She will just drive you to see your uncle then she will take you to where you need to go to leave. We only spent a short amount of time together today she will see you longer than me. I’m done. Just leave and go and get home before your sisters have a fit,” said Pandora as she was crying really bad and had tears running down her face and neck soaking her clothes.
“Babe, Glimmer said that she will come back and we will pick you up to go with us later after I see my uncle. You will still get to see me before I have to leave. Everything will be ok, it will all work out in the end,” Raider said.
“Come on Raider, you know your sisters, they won’t do that, they don’t care about anyone unless they want something in return,” said Pandora.
“We will talk about this later and when I’m with them I will text you. I have to go before my sister’s start calling me and yelling at me,” Raider said.
“Fine talk to you later” Pandora said.
After Raider left Pandora set on the couch staring at the TV still turned on with the main screen of the game pulled up. She started having tears running down her face again. It was a good thing that her dad was at work and her mom was asleep. She didn’t want anyone to know she is crying; she just wanted to be left alone. Her parents knew that is was going to be hard on her because she never had a serious boyfriend like this. They knew it was going to hurt her with him being gone. “I can’t do this, I know that getting upset will affect the baby but my heart is torn, and I’m in so much pain. It’s like someone just slowly took a knife and cut me in my heart and then stabbed my heart a million times. It’s bad enough I have bad grades at school because of so many sick days. I don’t know how I will pull myself out of this hole. I am a sophomore almost to my senior year and I have to graduate for this little girl being on the way. I have to prove to everyone that diabetes, being a mom, still being in school, and being in an Eagle life will not bring me down” Pandora thought.
Finally, Pandora decided she would take a nap to get everything out of her mind and escape in her dreams. Pandora then got a text. She has been asleep for almost 30 minutes and it was Raider telling her that she better get ready because they were on their way to get her. Pandora got up and got ready to go with them to say goodbye. As they were riding in the van, Pandora was quiet she didn’t say much. Finally, once they got there Raider went inside and talked with them, there were two others that were going along with him. They all came out and Raider said goodbye to his sisters then he hugged Pandora and kissed her goodbye.
“I will be able to text you for awhile then I don’t know when I will be able to talk to you again. It depends on what happens,” Raider said.
“It’s ok as long as we get to text for a long time its fine with me. I’m just wondering how things will go while you are gone. I hope you can come home for the birth of our child,” said Pandora.
“I will let you know how things are. I will keep you updated on things. And as soon as I get the address I will text it to you so that we can write letters to each other,” Raider said.
“Well I hope you get it soon,” said Pandora.
“Me too. Well I have to go. I love you babe” said Raider.
“I love you too honey,” Pandora said as she was trying to hide the tears from everyone seeing. Then like a blink of an eye Raider was gone, the Eagle took him far away from Pandora. Then she got in the van and Mist was driving this time and Glimmer asked Pandora if she wants to hang out with them before they had to pick up Raider’s mom Raider’s moms name was Flutter, Pandora didn’t talk to her much but since Raider flew away with the Eagle she knew it was time to be around the rest of the family.
“We can go to the store and look around or we can show you Grandma Alaya’s house,” said Glimmer.
“I vote for hanging out at Grandma Alaya’s house,” said Mist all excited.
“Anything is fine with me,” said Pandora in a calm sad voice. Mist took off driving to Grandma Alaya’s house. Grandma Alaya was Glimmer’s husband’s grandma.
When they got to Grandma Alaya’s house, Pandora tried acting herself to make everyone think she was ok. She said hi to Alaya and gave her a hug. So did Mist and Glimmer after they took off their shoes. Then they all went to watch TV while they were killing time before they had to pick Flutter up. It got close to 3:30pm so they got ready to leave and they said good bye. Pandora was still quiet she wasn’t sure how to take it with Raider being gone she felt as if that Eagle clawed at her heart when it took her beloved Raider away.
So, they got to Flutter’s work, and Flutter put her stuff in the back and Mist got in the back seat with Pandora. Pandora looked at Flutter trying to show that she wasn’t hurt. Flutter knew better, as each day passed that Raider was gone and as Pandora still went to the house to visit Flutter was more aware of what Pandora’s feelings were. Flutter knew the feelings and the thoughts like she was psychic, she knew these because Flutter and Pandora became really close. Pandora loved spending time with Flutter because Flutter said things like how Raider would say. When Pandora and Flutter were together it felt that Raider was with them.
Then one day when Pandora was in the backyard at Raider’s parent’s house playing with the dog, something strange happened. The dog’s name was Corayne. Corayne was getting excited about something; she was staring at the sky and barking. Finally, as Pandora looked up the Eagle that took Raider away came down and landed on Pandora’s arm and something was in the beak of the Eagle. Pandora petted the Eagle and the Eagle was showing affection to her and then the Eagle put the thing that was in its beak around her neck. Pandora looked down and it was two dog tags. She read the dog tags, one said “RAIDER” it had a silencer on it and it looked like on one spot was burned. The other dog tag said “OCARIN RAIDER T 1/22/2013 68W” After she read the dog tags the Eagle flew away and Pandora doesn’t know if the dog tags where from Raider or if something happened to Raider. Pandora will never know for her life feels like a lost soul.


The author's comments:
I had to write a short story for my Creative Writing class. I love the Military and I'm in a relationship with a U.S. Army Soldier who is a Combat Medic 68W. The story has fantasy, romantic, fiction and many more types in this. I would like to make this into a book I even made the cover design myself but for some reason I can't upload that on here. So I had to add a picture of an Eagle with a flag. My design I made an Eagle holding dog tags in it's beak. I would like to get feedback if I should even continue to write and make this into a book or not. If I make the first book I'm thinking about the next book title page which will be "Once The Eagle Is Gone". Thank you for your support. I still can't believe that I actually want to write a book. Before I hated to write and I never liked my English classes. I don't like poetry but I have liked a couple poems. And I love to read books.