Today I prayed for you. | Teen Ink

Today I prayed for you.

October 24, 2008
By Anonymous

To: My dyeing husband,



Today I prayed for you to die. I know it might sound bad but I think if you did it would take away all the pain. I want to keep you here because I love you so much, but that’s selfish. You lay there day after day in the hospital bed. Looking hopeless not getting any better. The doctors say you won’t get better and will only be able to sleep without life support. I feel so bad because there is nothing I can do. The only thing there is to do is to cry.

Why did that man have to do that? Why did he have to get drunk and then get into his car? Someone should’ve stopped, taken his keys or something else. He crashed into you and came out without a scratch. While your car went flying through the air hit the ground and burst into flames. The paramedics said they thought you were dead on the scene.

That man should be considered a murderer. Now you lie there brain dead in the hospital bed. When the phone rang and they told me I didn’t know what to do. I keep telling myself that it couldn’t be real as I rushed to the hospital. But now there is no chance it’s not real. Why do things like this have to happen to innocent people?

It’s hard to say I prayed for you to die today. But I can’t stand to see you lay there in pain anymore. I’m going to have to pull the plug. I’m sorry. I really don’t want to but the pain will end and you’ll go to a better place. We will see each other again someday.
I promise. I love you so much.








Your wife







Stephanie