En Masse | Teen Ink

En Masse

By ohkay BRONZE, 16136136, Alabama
ohkay BRONZE, 16136136, Alabama

"You see that tree over there?" she said, pointing to a twisted tree at the edge of the woods.

"It's two trees, and yes, I see it," he replied.

It was two trees. Two trees twisted around each other until they were intertwined into one, beautiful tree.

"It kind of reminds me of us," she went on.

"Why do you think that?" his brow furrowed.

She interlaced her fingers with his and said, "When people see us, it's like were only one person. One unit. We just flow so perfectly together that someone could hardly even notice that we were two wholes put together."

His forehead un-wrinkled as he thought about this.

"I guess your right," he said, finally, laughing on the first word.

"I know this seems so stupid to say, since were young and 'young people can't fall in love for real' but, I am falling for you," she said, closing her eyes.

"Well, then I guess I must be falling for you, too," he said, remembering what she said about them being one unit.

"Are you really?" she whispered.

He nodded.

She sighed, changing the subject slightly. "Isn't it interesting how we both seem to adapt to our surroundings? It's like we become one with whatever nature falls around us," she stopped to giggle at herself. "Like were unstoppable."

"Like Super Man and Lois Lane," he murmured.

"I guess you can look at it that way," she said. "But I was thinking more Romeo and Juliet."

"Of course," he moaned sarcastically. "Girls always compare love to Romeo and Juliet."

"No, but it's true," she said. "They wouldn't let anything stand in their way. They fought to be together."

"Didn't they end up killing themselves?"

"Shhh, that's not the point," she whispered. "The point is that love will find its way to certain people and if it's truly right, nothing can stop it from happening."

"Nothing?"

"Nope. Nothing."

'En Masse' - In one group or body.