Battlefield | Teen Ink

Battlefield

December 6, 2013
By EarthwormJimFan BRONZE, Dekalb, Missouri
EarthwormJimFan BRONZE, Dekalb, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

General Green poked his head out to see the rising sun. The landscape around them possessed nothingness; only the outpost and tank were visible. He quickly raised his men up, all of them high-ranking Generals: Turquoise, Chartreuse, Celadon, Hunter, Forest, Jungle, Laurel, Moss, Mint, Pine, Teal, Olive, Emerald, and Bottle. Their tracker, Carmine, was awoken as well. The regiment was moving out today.
Colonel Jade, the mechanic, rolled out from under their tank, covered in grease. General Green instructed him to take a shower, as his shift was over. He then prepared to give the speech he wrote last night, which went something like this:
“Alright men! We’ve been at outpost Beta for a week! We can move out now; I think we are ready to attack the enemy’s army, who are located just over that hill,” he said, dramatically pointing at the horizon. “The enemy location was revealed to us by our tracker Carmine, who we picked up in the desert 5 days ago. We need to attack the army over that hill!”
Colonel Jade came in and gave his usual daily status report, which ended as such: “and the tank’s engines are ready enough to push us over the hill; so we are completely prepared for this war.”
The Generals, the Colonel, and their tracker loaded in the tank and pushed their way towards the hill. They had finally made it to the mission. Whatever was ahead of them, they were ready to defeat it, after all, General Green had plenty of tactic study.
That morning, Bobby’s Mother had decided to walk into his room to check for mess. There were 16 green plastic men, a toy tank and one red Indian on the floor; on the bed was a book, entitled War Strategies.
“Would you look at this!” she said. “Only one week since his birthday, and his toys are all over the floor!” She swept them up and put them in the toy box.