The People of the Night Sky | Teen Ink

The People of the Night Sky

By jlbjamfobluver BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana
jlbjamfobluver BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana

We soared out through the sky jumping from one star to the next. I couldn't tell if the heat was coming from our passion together or the star that we were on. Our destination: the Sun. Luc and I have already been on all the planets and even Pluto. Our bodies adjust to the temperature of the star of planet so we do not get injured as we play leap frog through outer space. We also both have the ability to fly so that makes it a lot easier to get around and no one can ever catch us. As we explore the universe we realize how lucky we are to have such amazing gifts and wish we could take every sight we took in home with us. Finally we pick any random star not sure of its constellation and laid down together in each other's arms.
"May?"
"Yes?"
"What are you thinking about right now?"
As I looked into Luc's deep blue eyes I saw desperation for me to say his name. "Right now I am thinking about how lucky I am to be here at this exact moment with you and... I... I just wish we could stay here forever."
Luc's face light up like a kid in a candy store and I knew I had given him what he wanted. He smiled one of the biggest grins I had ever seen on him and with his left arm already under me he pivoted his body over me and gave me a long, passionate kiss that seemed to last for an eternity. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Then he rolled back over and we both lay there with my head on his chest.
After about twenty minutes or so we both started to get restless so we were off again. In about thirty minutes after that we started to come closer to the Sun.
"Don't look directly at it." Luck shouted as he took my hand.
"I'll try not to."
"May, just do as I say okay."
"Okay." As we came closer the Sun blinded us so we both covered our hands over our eyes which did do some good but not much. Our feet both came down at the same exact time as we centered in the gaseous star. Nobody would ever know that we were here. So he decided to leave his mark on this voyage. He bent down and kissed me one last time until we got home. Then when were done embracing each other we both danced on the Sun. We started out with a slow dance then he broke out with his ridiculous version of hip-hop and I dance ballet circles around him. We left the Sun and then flew back to Earth before anyone had ever known we had left.
As I lay in my bed thinking about what we would could do tomorrow I turned to my window on my right and looked out at the only thing that illuminated the blackness at that point and I only had one thing running across my mind.
Tomorrow's destination: the Moon.

mesher said...
on Nov. 9 2008 at 2:21 am
I love the story. I wish it could have been longer. Keep writing great stories.

Sheryl M said...
on Nov. 5 2008 at 6:32 pm
Great Work, had to read it again....

Sheryl said...
on Nov. 5 2008 at 6:27 pm
This was a great story!I am so proud of you. Good luck with future writings.