Dear Friend | Teen Ink

Dear Friend

Dear Friend♥♥

I am out of school now. Yay it’s about time. What to do this summer? I don’t know. I’ll just go with the flow, I have a feeling its going to be a good one. Kasey, Jen, Molly, and I are going canoeing tomorrow morning. Which will be the first day of summer vacation for us. We got out of our last day of school about two hours ago. Tonight Kasey, Jen, Molly, and I will be camping out in my backyard. I am so excited for that.  They are here to start setting up, I will write more later.

Dear Friend♥♥

It is 3:30am, Kasey, Jen, and Molly are sleeping. We all had so much fun tonight! After we got the tent set up my mom brought us all out some marshmallows, graham crackers, and the everlasting delicious Hershey’s bars. We all roasted marshmallows to make smores. We all got up and started dancing around the fire while making faces at each other. It sure was a crazy night. Crazy, but fun. That sure is what me and my best friends are. Now when tomorrow comes around we will all be canoeing! I am so excited! Write to you later. 

Dear Friend♥♥

Today while we were canoeing we tipped it over! It was so funny! Jen was like oh no! Now I don’t have the poof in my hair! We all decided the canoe tipped over all four of us and shared secrets to each other while giggling just like back in 3rd grade. We told each other about embarrassing moments in school and who we thought looked cute. The starting of the summer is really shooting off great.

Dear Friend ♥♥

It has been three days since the amazing canoeing trip. It was so much fun! I really like hanging out with my besties. I can’t wait until I get to hang out with you! I am off to the lake I will write more later.

Dear Friend ♥♥

Today at the lake I went fishing. I catch the fish then I let them go. I don’t like hurting them! One time I was very selfish and non caring that when I pulled the fish hook out the mouth came off too! What a tragedy! I still feel bad! By the way my birthday is in 2 days!

Friend 2

Dear Friend:

First off I want to say Happy Birthday! I believe you are sixteen now, right? I hope you had a VERY special sweet 16 if I’m correct anyway ha-ha. Either way I hope you had a fantastic birthday because you deserve it! From what you have written to me you seem like an awesome person and I look forward to reading and responding to more of your mail!

Dear Friend:

Today I got a job! It is at a pet store, isn’t that awesome! You have to be sixteen to work there and I’m seventeen so it works! How about you join me there! Talk to you later girl.

Dear Friend:

I know I haven’t written to you for a week. I have been working. We got a new baby German Sheppard at the pet store. He’s so cute! Oh! Also guess what! My sister had her baby! Kylee Lynne, 6 pounds 7 ounces.

Dear Friend:

Hola! I am going on vacation to Hawaii! How exciting is that! We will be there for two weeks and I will be sure to write you while I am there. I hope you are having a good time with your besties. Try not to tip over any canoes now ha-ha. 

Friend 1

Dear Friend♥♥

How is Hawaii? Do some surfing for me! I haven’t tipped over anymore canoes with my besties. Congratulations on your niece being born, Kylee Lynne, what a beautiful name! You know, I have been wanting to tell you something. I really enjoy writing letters to you and reading your letters to me. I’m not going to just say you seem, but I’m going to say you ARE a great person. You have so much potential in you. I would like, no I would LOVE to get to know you more. If that is alright with you.

Dear Friend♥♥

I haven’t heard from you in awhile. Hawaii must really be treating you great. The calendar says you have two days left there. I can’t wait to read the letters from you again. 

Friend 2

Dear Friend:

Your last letters were so sweet. Of course you can get to know me more. I would love to get to know you more too. You seem so wonderful and it’s like you actually know this world. You actually know yourself and soon you will know me. Hawaii was a blast! I hope to visit there again someday. Maybe with you! 

Dear Friend:

What a morning! I did a lot of yard work. How fun ha-ha. How are you doing? Good I hope. I hope to hear from you soon. You are such a sweetheart. I’m so glad we started writing to each other. I’m starting to be more and more interested in you.

Friend 1

Dear Friend ♥♥

Your last letters really touched me. Every time I read one I smile. I hope you are having a good summer. No not good, but GREAT! 

Dear Friend♥♥

I didn’t say this in the last letter, but I really like you. I know we haven’t talked for long, but you seem so wonderful off of what you have told me. I’m sorry if this comes off wrong, I don’t want to scare you away. It’s just whenever I take your letters out of the mailbox I can’t wait until I get to read them. They, no you make me smile.

Dear Friend♥♥

I hope I didn’t scare you away with that last letter. I really do like you and I am positive my feelings for you are getting deeper with each letter I read. You are a very nice, thoughtful person and you have so much potential. I hope to keep writing to you and hearing from you a lot. I cannot wait until the day that we actually get to meet face to face, how amazing that will be!

Friend 2

Dear Friend:

This is so weird! That is exactly how I feel about you. My emotions for you seem to be running deep and I don’t know how to explain it. You make me feel wanted in this world, its like nothing else matters when I’m writing to you. I know we haven’t even known each other for that long, but I felt a connection right away. You make me feel something I have never felt before. Something that does not take my breath away, but helps me breathe finally, breathe clean, crisp air. Instead of a breakdown of sadness, you give me a breakdown of happiness. I like it.

Dear Beloved Friend:

Are you doing okay? I really miss hearing from you. I hope that all is well with you! I wouldn’t want anything harmful to happen to you. Today I told my coworkers at the pet shop about you, they said you sound really cool. They are excited for me that I took interest in someone. Having you as a pen pal has really opened up new doors for me. I don’t know how to explain it. You have really changed my life in so many ways. Just the fact that you actually take the time to read and respond to my letters, makes all the difference. You truly are a wonderful person!

Friend 1

Dear Friend♥♥

Your letters are so sweet. No one reads them except for me. I really enjoy talking to you. I’m getting to know you better each day. I would like to say something, but I am afraid to. Maybe someday I will be able to say it. Only time will tell. I wish you happiness and luck in your life. I pray for you and hope that you are in good health.

Friend 2

Dear Beloved Friend:

Aww Hun don’t be afraid to say something. I will never judge you with what you would like to say to me. Unless it is mean and offensive ha-ha. Which I don’t think that what you want to say.  I would love to hear what you want to say to me because I have a feeling it is something good.

Dear Beloved Friend:

I hope you received my last letter telling you about how you can say what you wanted to say to me. I am waiting to read what it is. I hope that we can call each other sometime if it is not too much of a bother. My emotions for you are running wild and deep and we haven’t even been writing to each other anymore than a couple months! You have such an unbelievable effect on me. I do not even know you by name. Just by what I call you which use to be friend and is now beloved friend. I do not want to give names right away, but you can call me J.

Friend 1

Dear J♥♥

I’m so glad I can finally write Dear J instead of Dear Friend. Although I don’t know your real name, J will do for now. You can call me M. I am so glad you want to hear what I have to say to you. And yes it has only been two months, but I feel the same for you as you do with me. My emotions are running wild and deep for you J. No one has made my emotions do this before. We haven’t even met face to face and I already feel like I’ve known you all my life. J I want to say this now and I want you to feel the same. I am falling in love with you J. It is not a crush, I really do care about you. I love you J.

Friend 2

Dear M:

You just made me the happiest man alive, when I read your last letter you sent me, butterflies started fluttering in my stomach. I love you too M. I really, really do. I feel like I have known you my whole life too. I just wish I was able to see your beautiful face. I have not seen you yet, but I already know you are beautiful. You have a beautiful heart M, which means you must have a beautiful face with a beautiful smile. I love you M. 

Dear M:

I miss you M. I haven’t heard from you in a week. I hope you are doing well. I can’t wait until I get to read a letter from your beautiful self. I hope my letters were not offending in any way to you. I love you M, I want you to remember that. Please if you can just let me know that you are okay.

Friend 2

Dear J:

Hello this is M’s mother Krista writing to you off of request. She told me to call you J and her M. I don’t have the best news to tell you. M went to a party last week, one which she thought would be just a regular friend fun dance off party. One of her so called friends handed her a drink. What she didn’t know is that this girl has slipped a pill into her drink. As the night progressed M became even more dizzy. The noise kept getting louder and images started becoming deformed and blurry. Finally she decided to drive home. As she started driving everything seemed to make her eyes hurt, she felt dizzy, she felt sick, and at the same time she felt nothing. Suddenly a semi came up and just barely hit her car enough to swerve off the road and roll into a ditch, the last thing she said before she rolled was, God Jesus Christ please guide me to your light.

This is a mother’s nightmare. She is not dead, but she was in Acoma for a week, now she’s up and awake, but still awfully sick and hurting. She told me to write you this letter and what to say in it because she is too weak to write it on her own. And J, M told me to tell you that she loves you very much. 

2 weeks later at M’s house

Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong. The doorbell was ringing over and over again at M’s house. When her mother Krystal answered the door she was confused. Can I help you? Is this M’s house. Yes it is and how did you know her name? I know her name because I am J.
What! How did you get here, you are halfway across the country! I am 16, I have my license and I really need to see M, I love her and she needs me and I need her in my life. Come on get in my car and let’s go.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital Krystal took J right to the room where M was staying. She was lying there bruises all over her, a big black eye, a blue, black, and purple bruise on her cheek. She had a gauze bandage on the corner of her forehead, and an IV running through her. The first thing J said was, She’s as beautiful as I dreamed her to be.

He walked up to her took her hand and said M, I know your in Acoma still, but if you can hear me I want you to know that I love you. I know we haven’t even sent letters to each other that much at all, but something about me makes me fall in love with you all over again everyday. I want to always be here for you and kiss you every morning and hug you every night as you fall asleep in my arms.

M squeezed his hand said J? Her mom was so surprised because she has never even heard J’s voice or felt his touch. Krystal said how did she know it was you? J replied. “ Well when you love someone enough you don’t have to hear their voice or feel their touch even once to know that its them”

Tears filled Krystal’s eyes as she heard J say this. She has never felt so much love for her daughter before. He gives her a kind of love that she can’t.

Krystal walked up to J, took his hands and said M’s full name is Melony. J look at Krystal and said my full name is Jason.

At that moment he walked up to Melony took her hand in his and said I have found the meaning of true love and you’re her.