Purple Roses for Love | Teen Ink

Purple Roses for Love

November 12, 2013
By catethesnowflake SILVER, Seattle, Washington
catethesnowflake SILVER, Seattle, Washington
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing is impossible. The word itself says: I'm Possible!


She walks down the hall every morning with the look as if she is afraid someone will jump out and scare her. I hold the door for her so she can get into school on her crutches. I remember how at the end of last year we were joking about how she would most likely break her ankle by falling down the steep set of stairs at her home. That is exactly what happened, if you believe her story. We walk past the eighth, then seventh grade lockers until we get to our sixth grade lockers at the very end of the hallway. School is almost over for the summer and yet she still wears turtlenecks or long sleeved shirts every day. When we have art she has to roll up her sleeves and I see tiny purple and blue birthmarks or pimples that cover arms. The birthmarks always seem to be growing or changing shape. I was going to ask her if she had a skin disease but I never saw her again.


The author's comments:
This is a flash fiction paragraph based of the flash fiction sentence: the girl scrunched on the ground, not wearing a shirt long enough to cover the bruises from home.