Ghostly Encounter | Teen Ink

Ghostly Encounter

No one really knows what it is like after we die. Yes, some people believe that we move on to a better place and others believe that we just become a piece of the earth. But there are those people who believe that some spirits can’t move on; they are stuck with us even if we can’t see them. I never really knew what I believed. I really wanted to believe that there was a better place for me, but after just night, my views were completely changed.

It was an ordinary night for the most part. I had waited until the last minute to finish my homework, as usual. I finished up my nightly chores, and went to bed. It was around 1 a.m. and my head had just hit the pillow. I had the gut feeling that I was being watched. My first instinct, of course, was to look around to see if someone was in my room. I lifted my head off of my pillow and the only thing I saw was this black shadow figure as dark as night coming towards me. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I was scared silent.

The first thing that I felt was light headedness. All of the blood had rushed out of my face. I bet I was as white as a ghost. I was frozen, I couldn’t move. I told myself to pretend to be asleep. In my mind, if I was asleep, whoever or whatever it was wouldn’t hurt me. I quickly laid my head back down and squeezed my eyes shut. After I laid back down, I could feel my covers being lifted off of my body. I remember my room being very cold, despite the fact that it was a warm night.

I rolled over onto my stomach to keep warm. After a couple of minutes, nothing had happened, so I thought it was gone, but then I felt a great deal of pressure added to my back. It felt as if whatever it was, had lain on top of me. I remember barely being able to breath. After what seemed like an hour, the pressure slowly started to decrease from my back. Eventually, it was completely gone. I probably waited a good hour to an hour and a half to even move.

Finally, when I got the guts to move, I looked up and no one was there. My room was completely ghost free. That night, I stayed up all night, just waiting for the sun to come up. Since that night, nothing strange at all has happened. I am hoping that nothing else will.

This is pretty good. I didn't really follow, but good try. You should explain some of the words you have in your story. Thanks have a nice day. The begining was awesome. I was totally hooked, then you lost me and I got bored. I liked it though.

You have good writing skills, but this story just didn't seem to have anything going on in it. It was very slow paced, almost as if there was no climax.

Ally01 said...
on Oct. 11 2008 at 12:19 am
hey this was a pretty good story. good job! :D has anyone read that other story Inferno? I think it was really good and the author has the same first name as me!