The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

“What was that? Was it a cloud?”

I said as I just opened my eyes. It looked like I was over an ocean or some kind of sea. It felt like I was flying, but I was too drowsy to be positive. Then, all of a sudden, I started to go down. I crashed off the shore of a deserted island. The island had a huge, smoking volcano surrounded by lush, dark green forest. I went to the top of the volcano to find out ware I was. When I got to the top all I could see was dark, blue water as fare as the eye could see. I climbed down the avoiding lava flows to find shelter. I found a deep depression and thought this would be a great place for my to sleep.

The next day, I went out in search of food. I found a bush full of blue barriers. I ate a few and moved on. Later that day, I tripped on a something and fell. I turned around and picked up a sharp lava rock. I tied it to a long stick to us it as a spear. I went into the sallow lagoon and caught several fish. I had them dinner and feel to sleep. That night was an extremely scary night.

First, there were the sounds that made me shiver all the way down my spine. They were like the screams of a hundred dogs dieing at once. Then that sound turned into a deep silence. I hared a rustling in the bushes behind me. My fire was out so it was so dark I could not see my hind in front of my face. I reached for my spear and tried to go back to sleep. As dawn was coming and the sly started to lighten up, I got up and tried to find out what had scared me so bad. I looked around and there were no footprints. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure shifting in the shadows. I darted bake to the beach. As I was running, I could here foot steps behind me. I stopped and turned arrowed. It was a Black Panther ready to strike. I got ready for the cat to pounce. He finally did, but I was ready. My hand made spear plunged into his heart and died at the spot. After that, I was aware that this was no paradise.

After a few weeks, witch seemed like a lifetime, I was vary familiar with the island. I started to think if I would be on this island for the rest of my life. Then, I saw a flashing light in the distance. It looked like a boat or a ship. I tried to get its attention. I got a huge amount of dry palm tree branches and lit then on fire. I added other dead plants, leaves, and branches until I had a roaring fire with smoke that had to be two hundred feet high. I guess the ship did not see me until it turned around and headed right for me. It took a half an hour to get to me but it did not matter. I new that I would be home soon.