Bus Stop | Teen Ink

Bus Stop

As a man was walking to the bus stop, a gorgeous young woman sat alone on the bus stop bench. She was the prettiest woman he had ever seen; he wondered if she was single. Who was he kidding? She probably had a handsome, hard working husband that would go to the moon and back for this beauty. But a little conversation never hurt anyone.
“Good morning,” he said as he sat down next to her.
“Oh, um, good morning,” she whispered as her body tensed up.
“Are you okay? I didn’t mean to startle you or anything,” he replied.
“No, um, you didn’t startle me,” she nervously said as she worriedly looked behind her.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked again.
Before she could answer, a tall, muscular guy stepped out from the hardware shop behind the bus stop bench. He stood glaring at the woman for a moment. When the woman saw him, she shot to her feet; fear settled on her face.
“Let’s go Linda,” the man that stepped out from the hardware store said as he began to walk away. Linda stood still for a moment, unsure of what to do.
“Please…,” she began to whisper to the man on the bench.
“Now!” shouted the muscular man as he gave her a reprimanding look.
As she hurried to catch up with him, the man on the bench watch her with a confused look on his face. She quickly walked with her head down, and as she glanced back at the bench one last time, he saw a tiny tear fall from her gorgeous blue eyes.