Risking the Unknown | Teen Ink

Risking the Unknown

By Kimbell BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Kimbell BRONZE, Austin, Texas

She had questioned everything else in her life, except this. She stood torn between two choices; one could save her, the other, destroy. With each passing second, her decision became more and more fuzzy.

As another second went by he came in, followed by a girl. They sat down on her bed and waited for her lips to move. She looked out the window where the colorless leaves fell into deep pits of the midnight black water and left the birds to stand on weak tree branches as they shook in their feathers.

The girl that had come in with the guy, squeezed his hand in fear. They both knew whatever the girl decided, it would be an everlasting choice. However, when the Devil hears anything about this, she is surly to blow a fuse. The girl shook her bones and tensed the muscles in her face. This was a grave decision to be made and really shouldn't be left in the hands of a fifteen-year old girl. She peered into the eyes of the two in front of her and took a deep breath in, then let it out. One last look around her room, outside to the other world and then into the eyes of her lover.

"We're keeping it. We're having this child," she declared.

The two that had come in together looked at each other with a shocked expression, then the guy jumped up and hugged the girl who made the choice.

The other girl said, "Congrats you two. Now, what are we going to do about the Devil?"

on Oct. 21 2008 at 9:04 pm
I see where you're going, and it's good... but once again, it's a blurry picture. Nevertheless, I believe you can improve.