The Lie | Teen Ink

The Lie

June 3, 2013
By Anonymous

It was just another Friday of my sophomore year. On late October at about 7:31 am I was walking alone on my way to school. The sun was rising, the birds were singing and I could feel the fresh air. Everything seemed stupendous; I was content and exited for no reason. Maybe it was because I was going to have soccer later on in the evening, but I wasn’t sure. As I was walking on Scotch St. by the tattoo shop, a white BMW came out of nowhere and pulled over next to me by the sidewalk. I noticed the driver was a young lady.
“Hey, you want a ride?” she asked me when she pulled over completely to the left side of the side walk. (Her right). This was déjà vu, I’ve never met her before but it seemed like I had. She was a brunette girl with nice long hair and an impressive body. She was wearing very neat clothes; blue skinny jeans, a good looking pink shirt and some black and white vans. It was clear to me that she had to be one of the school cheerleaders.
“Yeah, sure.” I answered, so she clicked the button for the doors to unlock and I opened the door and hopped on to the passenger seat. I was wondering why she would offer me a ride; we haven’t met or talked before. Also her body language was weird she seemed relaxed and chill, she didn’t mind.
“What’s up Stanly? By the way my name is Heidi, what are you doing tonight?” she asked. I was shocked; she knew my name and started talking to me extremely confident as if we were friends. Even thought she was a stranger to me, we were almost at school. So I had to keep the conversation going.
“I have a soccer game at six. Ay how do you know my name?” I inquired for an answer, as she was took a left turn and we arrived to the back parking lots at campus. She parked next to her friend’s black Mercedes.
“I forgot who told me your name,” she answered. “Anyways there’s a party at my house tonight at 8 o clock. I would love if you came you’ll have lots of fun”. She added, so she gave me her house directions, as we got out of the car and headed in different directions as we heard the first bell ring.
After my soccer game, I had nothing to do so decide to attend the party by myself. Once I got there I noticed there were no adults and most of the people were heavily drinking and smoking. I could smell the weed from a mile away and all over Heidi’s house. Multiple people where one the floor crashed out, and wasted. Since Heidi was a cheerleader a lot of people from school around town where there.
“Hey I’m glad you came.” She scared me. When she came out of nowhere and crashed into me, as I walked inside the house speculating the party. A few seconds later she grabbed my left hand and took me us stairs a very lonely quiet room.
“What are we doing here?” I questioned her and demanded for answers, as she was started to remove my shirt and started touching me in inappropriate ways. She wanted me to have relationships with her but I couldn't do it, I was dating Karen.
“Come on its nothing wrong” she replied. She knew why she had brought me up here; it was for one reason only. Therefore she took my shirt off completely and just went too far.
“Get off me! I have a Girlfriend already, this is wrong, I’m out of here” I shouted and raised my voice as I pushed her away from me. I grabbed my shirt from the floor and put in back on. Then I hurried to unlock the door as quick as I could and started running downstairs. Good thing Heidi didn’t get a reach of me, I thought to myself as I made it to the first floor within seconds. I didn’t plan on stopping there; I continued to run away from Heidi’s house until I reached my home sweet home, will full exhaustion.
The next day, I logged in to Facebook to check what was going on in the social media. When I opened my wall I had multiple of harmful posts and messages. For example: you fucking b*@#% you better watch your back cuz ima catch you slippin. Dumbass motherf*%@er who do you think you are? You better watch your back. I didn’t know why people were insulting me.
The next day I figured out why I was getting threatened. The horrible messages were coming from Heidi’s popular friends both males and females. Since she liked me, and I decided not to hook up with her that night, she got mad and lied to her friends that I tried to get at her that night and that I had some kind of STD. Karen believed them and broke up with me that same day.
“It’s over, fucking cheater!” Karen yelled at my face as she slapped me with all her might with her right hand to my left cheek, In front of everyone down the main hall.
“Let me explain, It’s not what you think” I told her, as I tried explaining the misunderstood and make her listen to me.
“Don’t get one step closer, you filthy infected, don’t talk to me ever again!” she shouted and slapped me again, then walked away. I felt humiliated and I decided to run away from school the remainder of the day.
Within weeks almost the whole school turned against me and started to harass me. It stated by people not wanting to me anymore, but soon came to harsh insults, that were really hurtful. Every day it got worse and worse. Things end up getting physical; multiple times I was jumped by clicks, gangs, clubs and other groups of popular kids. Some of the days I didn't even go to school, I ditched numerous times, due to the fear.
“Get away from me; I don’t want to get infected.” Heidi’s friends repeatedly said, as walked by them during passing period. It hurt me, because none of it was true. They were lying.
One day as I was on my way home, I decided to take a shortcut. I went through an alley so I wouldn't have to go the long way. As I was walking listening to my I Pod. Out of nowhere a bunch of guys about 7 or 8 came out the bushes and started to beat me up. One of them had burs knuckles. I was nervous and scared at the same time because I knew what was going to happen next.
“No one likes you here, leave! Get out of here”. They yelled as they were kicking and punching me. I tried to fight back but it was just too many of them, I felt like their punching bag. They knocked me out so badly that I was on the ground and couldn't get back up until 30 minutes later. That day I had it with everything, I was very close from running away and never coming back but I decided to tell my mom what had happened.
When I told what had happened she understood. The next day we went to the principal’s office and talked to him for hours. We told him everything that had happened and agreed that the best thing for me was to transfer schools. So I did I transferred schools to downtown (Vusetich High) and within weeks everything improved. It to the point that I wasn't bullied anymore, next thing I knew I had friends. Months later my mom came up with a great idea and we soon started an anti-bulling club were many joined. We went to different schools and talked to the kids that bullying was okay. It all states with one lie.