Skinny (10) | Teen Ink

Skinny (10)

May 27, 2013
By a_shton GOLD, Grand Prairie, Texas
a_shton GOLD, Grand Prairie, Texas
15 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Three months later.


Joe and I walked together hand in hand to the pool. Everything had been perfect since we started dating. We spent almost every moment with each other.

We reached the pool and stuck our feet in the water.

“The water is so cool,” I screeched.

“Take it all in at once,” he said with a chuckle.

“What do yo-” Joe pushed me into the water and began laughing hysterically.

“It’s not funny,” I yelled coming up from the water. I ran my fingers through my hair and splashed him.

He laughed some more and jumped in with me. He kissed my cheek when he got in and swam away from him. My face burned red and I swam after him.

These past few months have been the best of my life. I don’t worry about how I look as much. Joe won’t let me. He’s the best friend, boy friend, and best friend anyone could ask for.

I caught up to Joe and rammed into him. He went under and I laughed. When he didn’t come up I began to look down when I felt his hands around my ankles. He pulled me down and hugged me under the water. I screamed under the water and shot back up.

We emerged from the water and came out of the pool. We dried off and sat down together. I kissed him on the cheek and smiled.

“How about a bite to eat? I’m starved,” I said cheerfully.

“Sounds great,” he smiled.


The author's comments:
10/10 Final
Thank you so much for reading this far!