Personal Monsters | Teen Ink

Personal Monsters

By Blue Foster BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts
Blue Foster BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts

I was once told that everyone has their own person monsters. Well, in my life, this proverb has more effect then one would think. The year is 2013 and monsters have are very much present on Earth. Some are more obvious than others, committing crimes and other unspeakable horrors. Some monsters take hold of humans, telling them lies, whispering in their ears and visiting at night. It is hard to spot a monster, for they look just like you and I. They have eyes, ears, and noses but that’s not what separates a monster from a human, no, it's what's inside the monster. It's the decisions and ideas they have that separates them, makes them evil. Now, you might be wondering what's it like for a 14 year old girl in a world infested with monsters? Now that is a story I'm willing to tell. In here, with these words and ideas, I am fighting the monsters, helping those who are tormented by them. For the pen is mightier than the sword, as they say. But I have learned you cannot fight a monster with a sword, or any violence for that matter. Because if you fight like that, are you any better than that monster? In a world where the only thing separating us from these monsters is violence, then doesn't that make you a monster too? We humans have to keep to our morals, or else, the planet Earth will no longer be the home of the human race, only home to monsters. They call me Trix, and me and my friends fight monsters.

This story is about a world full of monsters, some are obvious and others are hidden. We all face monsters, but how we do is what separates us from them.