Help!!! | Teen Ink

Help!!!

May 23, 2013
By AmberNAE18 SILVER, Prosperity, South Carolina
AmberNAE18 SILVER, Prosperity, South Carolina
9 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used. By: Anonymous


My eyes fluttered open but were quickly closed again by the blinding sun making me raise my hand to shield my eyes until they could adjust. I sat up and looked at my surroundings and remembered everything that had happened the day before. I was in an open field that had only one tree that I could see I also noticed a hill not to far away. As I tried to lift my self off the ground I clumsily fell back down not knowing how weak my legs were. Laying on the ground again telling my self to get up and not to give up. So I put my arms in front of me and pushed myself up on to my feet successfully standing up this time but realizing how dizzy I was. I leaned on a tree that was close by hoping that my head would stop spinning. When I looked up again I was fine and everything felt ok. I pushed off the tree and started to walk towards the hill but I could feel the soreness in every muscle as I moved so I stopped and bent over putting my hands on my knees and looked at the ground. Flashing back to what had happened just twelve hours ago. The fire. The black-hooded man. Michael. Oh how I remember what happened to Michael. As a tear slid down my cheek I knew I had to push through the pain and get to someone who could help me who could go back with me. So I stood up straight and started to walk again ignoring all the pain I felt. When I reached the top of the hill I could see a small town a few miles away and knew I had to keep going.


The author's comments:
Wrote this on a whim. Thought it would be fun!!!