I Am... | Teen Ink

I Am...

May 23, 2013
By OwlBaby PLATINUM, Hudsonville, Michigan
OwlBaby PLATINUM, Hudsonville, Michigan
36 articles 1 photo 4 comments

I am not the same as I once was. I have changed. Evolved.

I am better than what I used to be. A more skilled individual now resides within my body.
I can write like a true writer. No more half stories or bad endings, I’ve raised the bar for myself. However I did not achieve this on my own, I had help. My creative writing teacher encouraged me to go for the gold, bronze, or blue, whatever it was that I wanted. He told me I could do it, that I could make it as a writer. Though he did not say those to me in words, his actions spoke volumes. He would listen to me when I read, and he told me what I did wrong and let me figure out how to fix it.

I am not the same as I once was. I have grown. Expanded.

I am better than what I used to be. A more relaxed and comfortable person now resides within my body. School used to stress me out beyond that what it should have. Being involved witupper classen taught me how to handle myself socially. I was the only sophomore in the class and therefore had to conquer the divide, or unspoken code or society. I did. At first I said ‘hello’ and did everything I usually did around someone I don’t know , then I started feeling better. I got to know the people behind the masks of society. I enjoyed learning about who my new friends really were outside of school. Creative writing has made it possible for me to reach out to others with more ease that I used to have.

I am not the same as I once was. I have lived. Wonderfully.