Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative

September 17, 2008
By Anonymous

One hot summer day it was in the 90* and very humid and I could smell my neighbors cooking I was walking down the street wearing green Nike shirt and adidas pants and my brand new shoes that I got from rebook there were a bright yellow color that shined in the sun. A huge, towering, fat bulldog, with huge wet dripping fangs stared me down and I was frozen in fear. He stared to chase me and the next thing I know is that I was half way up the hill, with the dog right behind me. I was flying up the side walk and the dog was close behind. He was leaving a path of drool behind him. I could feel my heart beat double every time I saw the dog.
The next thing I know is that, I saw my friend Nick walking down the sidewalk he was wearing a red shirt with blue jeans and an old gray Nike shoes.

He had said “hi”. And the all of a sudden he is yelling, “There is a dog chasing you!” in a flash he was running just as fast I was. I though that the old shoe was going to give out, he was running so fast. We were running though swiftly many yards trying to confuse the bulldog, but the dog was consistent. He would not give up. We were running so hard nick shoe almost gave out. And we were almost out of breath.

Up a head I knew there was a fence we could jump to get away from the dog. We reached the old broken fence and jump as high as we could a moment later I was on the other side, but nick shirt was caught on the fence. We try to get his shirt loose but it would not move. We looked over the fence and saw the bulldog coming fast! Nick and I looked at each other and stared to pull harder. The shirt ripped and we took off. I looked be hide me and saw the dog swiftly jump the fence! I know that that my grandma‘s house was right around the corner.

We ran as fast as we could and nick old shoe broke and the whole thing about fell to pieces, but we were almost to her house. Once we got there we saw someone in the window went we got there we slammed the font door shut .I looked out the window and saw the dog messing around the front yard. The next thing we knew was that the big, towering, fat, dog was chasing someone else.