Gifted | Teen Ink

Gifted

By Lil_Devil BRONZE, Brigham City, Utah
Lil_Devil BRONZE, Brigham City, Utah

Young enough to know I CAN
Old enough to know I SHOULDN'T
Stupid enough to DO IT ANYWAYS.
;D

I didn't know where I was going. I just had to get away from there, and fast.
I tried to move quickly through the crowds of people rushing around the streets some trying to get home most out last minute shopping for Christmas the next morning. As I was walking she felt something cold touch my check. Snow.
"Just my luck." I thought. Now it's snowing. And I'm all alone running, on Christmas Eve from my own family.
"Rudy!" I heard my name among all the noises around me. I looked up and saw my brother Dash. He was 17 with dark brown eyes and light brown hair and very strong.
I turned back around and ran. How could they have found me so fast? Then I ran into someone. They grabbed my shoulders.
"Rudy? Why are you running from us?" It was Dash. I pulled away and fell down on the ground in the falling snow.
"How...How did you catch up with me so fast?" I asked. I know that my brothers fast but not that fast.
He just smiled. "It's all in tonight. Can't you feel it Rudy? All of this power around us? What can we do but use it" He said. My brother looked rather terrifying when he said that.
"I don't want to use it. I don't want any of it!" I yelled.
He chuckled as he knelt down beside me, "That's to bad Rudy. You know you can be the strongest one of us if you want. It's in your eyes." He said.
His voice was cold and emotionless it sent shivers down my spine." My eyes have nothing to do with my 'power'. I will never use them for something like what you do." I looked him in the eye. I could see my reflection. I looked more like a lost, scared little girl than the 15 year old that I was. With my black hair and the eyes that I hated. They were icy blue. Powerful if you knew how to use that power.
"To bad." he stood up, "You know we're stronger tonight than any other day of the year. I plan on using my powers to have a little fun tonight." He said.
I stood up then and just stared at the boy who looked like my brother but was nothing like him. "Who are you?" I asked.
He walked to my side and placed his hand on my shoulder, "I'm like you. And we are the Gifted." he whispered. Then he was gone.
I just stood there feeling the snow fall on me. I looked up at the clock. Midnight.
My name is Rudy. I am 15 years old. I have black hair and icy blue eyes. I'm one of the Gifted. And I hate my gift.