Deci$ion$, Deci$ion$ | Teen Ink

Deci$ion$, Deci$ion$

April 30, 2013
By maucoin BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
maucoin BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What could one possibly do with one million dollars all in the matter of a week? There are so many options that it seems almost impossible to choose. Well as a matter of fact, Audrey, a junior at Ole Miss, was the winner of this immense amount of cash. Audrey, a tall brunette with deep blue eyes like the ocean, had had a firm belief in charity and what it does for the less fortunate. She also respected her parents greatly, because she had some to realize that they were the ones who got her where she is today. Without them, she would not be the person she is. From the perspective of her friends, Audrey was a great person and a phenomenal friend; she was always there to give her friends advice when they needed it most. Being extremely close with her family, she had always enjoyed nights of bored games and movies with her brothers and sisters. However, Audrey decided that it was time to retire her old, loyal, white Jeep that had lasted her throughout all of high school and most of college. Although she loved her little, loyal Jeep, she thought that she would buy a new car for herself with the leftover money.

To begin, Audrey would give a quarter of a million dollars to Brittany and Drew Brees’ “Brees Dream Foundation.” This is a foundation in which the Brees family, along with many generous donors, makes a great attempt to improve the quality of life for cancer patients, and provide care, education, and opportunities for children and families in need. Audrey knew that this foundation, along with the families that it helped, deserves to be aided in any way in order to be even more successful. With Audrey’s donation of $250,000 dollars, the foundation was able to increase their help to families by a large amount.

Next on her list, Audrey would decide to buy her dad a huge, brand new TV for him to watch his Sunday Night Football on. As far as a gift for her mom goes, Audrey paid for a makeover of her parents’ house. She knew her mom had been wanting to redo some things in the house. For example, Audrey’s parents had a professional completely recreate their bedroom. Another renovation that was made was the kitchen; Audrey;s mother loved to cook and had been wanting a new kitchen for years now. Her mom and dad greatly appreciated Audrey’s thought to help them and thank them for all that they have done.

Audrey had appreciated all of the good times that she had had as a result of being surrounded by quality people as her best friends. As a result of her gratitude, she treated them all with a trip to Atlantis. Since they had been dreaming of a fun and relaxing vacation to Atlantis since high school, Audrey knew her friends would enjoy such a trip.

To thank her family for always supporting her, Audrey bought her entire family puppies. Audrey and her siblings had wanted puppies ever since their dog, Sandy, had died when they were still young children. Sandy was the most loving dog that any child could have asked for. This was Audrey’s way of thanking her siblings for being there for her when she needed help.

Finally, Audrey thought that it was time to retire the good, old, loyal, white Jeep that she had had since her sophomore year of high school. It had been so good to her all the way up until now; it had never broken down on her or gotten her in a tough situation. Bidding farewell to her Jeep, Audrey purchased a red GLK350 Mercedes-Benz SUV. She promised herself that she would take good care of her brand new car, realizing that it was such a big responsibility, but she was definitely willing to take a chance if it meant she would get to drive the car of her dreams.

In conclusion, Audrey spent her one million dollars well and was able to share her prize with others who mean a lot to her. The foundation, her parents, her friends, and her family all greatly appreciated Audrey’s thoughts to thank them and show gratitude towards them.