Ruined | Teen Ink

Ruined

There once was a small boy named Peter. He lived in a white house on the corner of a busy road with his mom, dad, and his big brother Billy. Mom and Dad smiled and kissed alot and Billy got good grades and always played hotwheels with Peter when he got home from school. Across the street lived his best friend Katie. Together they searched for bugs under rocks and played in the sandbox. One day he drew her a picture and she smiled and her mom smiled and everyone smiled and said "Isn't this cute?" and everything seemed perfect.

There once was a boy named Peter. He was in 3rd grade. He lived in a white house on the corner of a busy street. His mom and dad never kissed or even hugged. As a matter of fact, they mostly just yelled alot. Big brother Billy got a F in math and a D in language and said "schools too hard!" and never wanted to play anymore. Mostly he just hit Peter and called him words he didn't understand. Katie across the street said he had cooties and never came around anymore because he was a boy and she was a girl, therefore they were enemies. Peter sat inside and watched alot of TV.

Once there was a boy named Peter.
He was in 5th grade. He lived in what was once a white house on the corner of a busy road. Now the paint was peeling from the sides and it looked more gray then white. One day his dad left home and his mother cried and drank alot and big brother Billy got held back a grade, and sometimes didn't ever come home from school at night. Peter got fat and wore thick glasses, but sometimes Katie came over and they would play tag or kick a soccer ball around the front yard, but her mother watched through the window with disaproving eyes.

Once there was a boy named Peter. He was in the 7th grade. He lived in a dirty looking gray house on the corner of a busy street. Sometimes he could hear gunshots in the night. He hadn't seen his dad in two years, and his mom didn't care about much anymore except getting more whiskey, and big brother Billy came home late at night and smelled like smoke, and Peter was preatty sure he wasn't doing to well in school but no one cared anyway. Katie across the street wore very little clothes and thought she was wonderful because she had dated almost every guy in the 7th grade, but sometimes she came over and they sat on the front porch and she wiped off all the dark eyeliner so her mom wouldn't see and they talked about everything until dark.

Once there was a boy named Peter. He was in the 10th grade and lived in a rundown house on the corner of a busy street. His mom layed on the couch all day and big brother Billy was arrested for selling drugs. Katie across the street got pregnant and sometimes he watched her smoke ciggarettes in her front yard, but she never came over anymore. All the kids at school called him badnames and he got beat up alot. One day the police came to the door and took his mother away and told him to come to, but instead he ran far, far away from this place that was like hell. He came to an empty field and lay down and the rain began to pour but he layed still because that way he could pretend to himself that he wasn't crying. He saw flashing lights and was driven away. He was thrown from family to family who knew nothing about him but that he came with a check from the government. He was sent to school for kids with mental problems, and he never understood why until he relized that this stupid world of his was driving him completly insane.

MissAli said...
MissAli, Kasson, Minnesota

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”, “A friend is someone who, upon seeing another friend in immense pain, would rather be the one experiencing the pain than to have to watch their friend suffer.”, "
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."

That was pretty good and sad. It teaches us what can happen as we get older.