Jester | Teen Ink

Jester

By AmeliaJane SILVER, Csd, New York
AmeliaJane SILVER, Csd, New York

"viola, darling. remember chew like you have a secret..."

The fool doth think himself wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool
- As you like it by William Shakespeare

Jingle jangle jingle jangle, although in our society they no longer wear the hat or shoes I hear the sound every time I see some imbecilic walking down the street. Somewhere inside of me I know they are people to but I only see puppets for my amusement. Being quick witted is how our society moves forward but the less capable are our comedians for a dull day. I make sure I surround myself with the half-baked society, pretend I fit in so nothing seems erratic in my behavior as I have been known to seem a little odd but the people who call me sick are badly mistaken, I simply solve problems and I see the demotion of our society a problem. These people entertain me and I make sure they are used for their purpose as something without a purpose is useless, we get rid of anything useless: play station 1s, CD players and the moronic.
I never seem to have many guests so when I do it is almost like I don’t want them to leave and some don’t. I always entertain guests in my living room it is my sanctuary. A room has never been more brutalized than my living room, most people would clean every stain but they help display the history, with every stain comes a memory of a guest. Once you enter my imperfectly white living room you suddenly get over whelmed with emotions and my stimulating conversation makes some guests nervous. I never mean to be forceful but once my mind has a decision it is never altered and some guests are disturbed by this. My paradise is filled with twelve new eager faces each day, I always love to play party games with my new guests, everyone loves games.
To my own confusion their agitated faces are not soothed with my appeasing tone as I start to speak, “This is a little game that I love to play with new guests where only the intelligent win, you answer a question wrong and you die.” The panic on their faces seeps into my skin and corrodes my doubts, today will be a good day I can tell by just looking at them they were lacking essential brain cells. “You have no lives, no hints; no pass go and collect two hundred. Nothing. One thing you must remember is this is a family game so if you die then so does your family.” It was a real conundrum why they didn't relax.