Blown Away | Teen Ink

Blown Away

By persistentpencil SILVER, Fanwood, New Jersey
persistentpencil SILVER, Fanwood, New Jersey

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
- Victor Hugo

How am I going to be used today? I don’t know. I am spending the beginning of my day here just lying on my grass pals, covered with fresh due droplets. The wind swayed swiftly, swinging trees back and forth. The only sight there is to see is the sight of the numerous numbers of people walking by and stopping to smell my friend. I am never the one chosen. I take a look around and feel that even ants are larger than me. I am never to be noticed among this cluster of green. I am hidden in the green waves. I am simply a blob of yellow, purple, and green. I say to myself, “Hold your Horses,” because there is a long way to go.
Resting peacefully among my friends, I did not notice what was going on until I noticed a big hand reaching toward me. It looked like a big monster ready to gobble me up in the shimmering moonlight. I was plucked off the ground so quickly before I even came to notice. There was a fire of excitement burning through me as the little girl held me out and took a whiff of my pleasant aroma. I have been finally chosen. Determination, courage and curiousness rose through me as I was tossed up and down in the little girl’s hands. However, I knew this would not be for long, because humans don’t think us very important. They believe we are just thinks to keep and to throw away when they are done with them.
I felt I was being moved. I was put in her long, black, silky hair. As she slipped me inside it, the feeling was as if a soft, cozy blanket was keeping me warm from the cold air of the winter, which gives me the shivers.
I was then taken inside, where the warm air made me feel like I was at home. I was slipped inside a glass vase, covering me with crystal blue water.
As the sun descended in the sky, a petal began falling as the day went by.
When the sun ascended in the sky, I looked down at the water seeing that two petals had fallen. When I looked up, I glanced at all the faces looking up at me. They saw the two petals that had fallen at my stem. The little girl reached over to me and pulled me out of the pot and brought me outside. My courageousness faded slowly. My hope faded. I was slowly taken out the door, been lead to my grass pals in in the light breeze. I had known this event would happen one time in my life. My grass pals had told me so.
But I never knew I would be dropped, that I would be discriminated in such a quick time. The clenching fist loosened. The fist was a belt to me, keeping me from falling to the ground, until that belt suddenly lost grip and I got pulled to the ground. I touched the floor with a loud thud, taking away my hearing ability.
I then saw a shoe coming toward me. Was it on purpose? I don’t know. But I knew this day would be coming. After all, I am a flower.