old Senterville | Teen Ink

old Senterville

By unknowncriminal GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
unknowncriminal GOLD, Centerville, Iowa

One day I was strolling around the square, and noticed a big door sitting in front of the court house. I walked up to it cautiously looking around seeing if anyone else saw it, and they acted like they didn’t. So I found a door in the middle of the square and I'm wondering how nobody else has ever found it since it was sitting in the open where anyone could see it. As I got closer I saw some writing and it said that this door was put here in 1513 which if my math is correct but its probably not that would have been around 500 years ago and I was all like whaaaat noo, whaaat noo. I opened the door with a strong push which was made of heavy oak. The door was like 10 feet tall and 4 feet wide. As I was entering through the door I put a big old dip of Copenhagen Southern Blend in my cheek, as I came through the door I noticed snow falling, trees all around, and noticed I was in a forest. I walked for a few minutes and came up on some horses, and decided to jack one. I jumped on it and took off down the trail where there were previous tracks.

After following the trails for about 5 minutes I came up on what looked like a little town. I disposed of the horse and hid it in the brush just outside the town where nobody will find it. I cautiously walked to a house and walked carefully down the side of it. When I reached the front of the house I saw that it was a little town with only about 20 houses. I walked up to the door and knocked hard, someone was walking toward the door, and when the door came open there was an old lady with a big smile on her face. She invited me in and said her name was Betty White and I said damn girl you old, and then told her my name. I asked her where we were and what year it was. She looked at me like I was crazy but then told me we were in Senterville and the year was 1513.

Betty took me to the town leader and his name was Red Bull. I sat down with him and told him what had happened to me, and he believed me and told me that his people have been waiting for me to arrive for years. I simply told him its better late than never. He showed me the whole village and told me about its history. I asked him if he knew how to get me back to the door I came from and he told me that he knows exactly where it is. I asked him if he could take me to it, and he said he would if I did one little thing for them. I asked Red Bull what it was and he told me that they can't get any water because there was something blocking the waters path to the village. He said that if they couldn't get water that the whole village would be dead in a matter of days or weeks. I told him to take me to the door so I could get some tools to move the thing easier. Red Bull asked if I wanted to see what was blocking it first. I told him no I saw it earlier, and to please take me to the door for the tools.

When we reached the door I told him I would be back shortly. I passed through the door and shut it behind me. I hurried home and sat down on the couch because The Walking Dead was about to come on and I never miss it. After the show was over I found some food in the kitchen and ate until I was full. My mother asked me what I did today and I told her I did nothing all day, and that it was a boring day. I remembered Red Bull and his problem, and realized his problem wasn’t my problem so I went to bed.