Incomplete | Teen Ink

Incomplete

"What's happening?" I asked to myself "What's that girl's name?"

To star I'll tell you that my name is Julie Newman, and I'm 16. I always have one dream, every night, in that dream I have a twin, I never talk to her in my dream, we're just staring at each other, whenever I have that dream, some emptiness inside me leaves, but at the exact moment I wake up, it comes back.

I've always asked myself if that can be possible, having that lost twin somewhere, feeling lonely and incomplete, just as I do. I guess I'll never know.

After I made those questions to myself, I started walking to my classroom, completely ignoring everything and everyone that talked to me. I didn't know why but this day I felt different, it wasn't like any other day.

"Jessica" I heard Kate calling me "Jessica!" she called louder.
I turned around and saw her running behind me.
"What are you doing? I've been calling you since like ever!"
"I'm sorry, I'm feeling confused right know" I answered walking away.
"You feeling sick?" she answered following me.
"Yeah, but I'll be fine"
"You should go to the nurse, maybe she can help you" she said looking concerned.
"Yeah, I'll go later"
I finally continued walking towards my classroom, feeling dizzy and weak, when I finally felt as if everything was falling down and going black.

"Hey Ms. Newman, it's good you're awake" said an old lady.
"Who are you? Where am I?" I said confused.
"Daphne? I'm Mrs. Walsh, you're at work" the old lady said.
"My name isn't Daphne, I'm Jessica, who is Daphne?" I was feeling scared by now.
The old lady's face looked worried, she quickly grabbed the phone and started dialing a number, then she walked away. I was really confused, what was going on?

A few minutes later, a lady came in and started walking towards me.
"Honey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" she took my hand in hers but I took it away quickly.
"Who are you? Why are you calling me honey? I don't even know you!" I yelled.

I stated running to a house that I didn't knew, but somehow I fet as I did. I opened the door. I started looking at all the pictures on the walls and I found out I was in all of them but I wasn't with my mom, I was with some strangers. They had pictures of me since I was a baby, until now, I took a picture of me and the lady that called me honey and placed it in my pocket.
Suddenly I heard the door opening and I saw a girl that looked as me coming in, suddenly everything turned black and when I woke up I was in the nurse, with Mrs. Johnson , the first thing I did was check my pocket, and there it was, the picture of me and the lady I didn't knew.

I don't know how to explain what happened, it just looked so real. But I'm sure about something, I've figured out my twin's name, Daphne, Daphne Hillman.