The Mustache | Teen Ink

The Mustache

By Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California
Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California

One day a young girl named Meghan was working in her garden. Being busy at caring for her flowers packing the soil with Miracle Grow, a bee stirred. Before she knew it the bee was attacking, flying in circles around her. Meghan swatted at the bee multiple times so that he finally gave up and fled the scene. In this entire ruckus, she happened to smear the Miracle Grow across her top lip, just before her nose. Noticing this, she ran into her house and went straight to the sink but as she looked in the mirror she witnessed a strange sight. She had a mustache! Screaming, she flailed in the room, causing her sister Erin to rush to her.

“What’s going o-…”Erin trailed off, eyes as wide as the moon as she reached for the ‘stache.

The gravitational pull was too great for Erin and she was sucked into the furry mass like an ant up an anteater’s snout.

“ERIN!” shouted Meghan.

In the mustache Erin discovered a new world, a world PERFECT for time share. She heard her sister’s voice booming like thunder through the clouds.

“I’M OKAY! I’ll find a way out!” she replied.

But she looked around; she found a lever labeled “Tractor Beam”. Erin reached for it and flipped it off and found herself flying backwards through this world and out of the soft hairs of her sister’s mustache. Once again they were united, never to forget this day as long as they live.

This is an example of Flash Fiction. This is based on a joke my sister and I have. Enjoy!