I am Invisible | Teen Ink

I am Invisible

March 5, 2013
By zoeerin122 SILVER, Fanwood, New Jersey
zoeerin122 SILVER, Fanwood, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If there’s three people saying, ‘You’re amazing,’ you don’t think, ‘Why are they saying I’m amazing?’ because they’re a fan, but if there’s one saying, ‘I hate you,’ it’s like, why do you hate me? What have I done? I can take criticism really well, but if it’s just a, ‘I don’t like you,’ then I want to know why you don’t like me. I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who didn’t care much about what people thought about them, but I just don’t think I am.”


I am invisible. As people pass me I the hallway they just push and shove without even giving me a glance. At lunch I sit alone at a table in the corner of the lunchroom. Do they ask me to sit with them, not even once. In gym when we have to pick teams I am always the last one picked. In my classes when we need a partner I work alone.

At home I am even more invisible. When I get home from school no one says hello. At the dinner table while everyone asks about each other’s days, I don’t get asked. When we play games I am always the extra person who can’t play.

So every day I sit alone at school and hide in my room at home. No one seems to notice that I am missing. I am invisible like the wind, it’s always blowing around you but goes unnoticed until it bothers someone.

Some days I like being invisible. It is peaceful and calming. It makes it easier to think. But I do get lonely. And oh how I long for even just one friend. I try to distract myself from those type of thoughts, but they always seem to come creeping back into my mind.

One day I realize that I don’t want to be invisible. I want people to look at me. I want people to see me everywhere they look. But most of all, I want people to feel sorry for treating me like I was the wind, invisible I want people to see me everywhere they look. But most of all, I want people to feel sorry for treating me like I was the wind, invisible yet bothersome.

When I go home I walk into my bedroom and close the door. Taking out a piece of paper, I write ‘I am the wind. I will never go away. I will never leave you alone. I will never let you forget that I am here.’ I take the paper and tape it to my chest. Then I open my closet door and step onto my little stool and put on my necklace of rope, close my eyes, and fly with the wind.